Could Ike Quartey have schooled Trinidad with his jab and set him up for a brutal KO?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by El Gallo Negro, Mar 23, 2021.

1. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Jose Luis Lopez. He ate Quartey's jab for much of the fight but put Ike on the canvas multiple times. He ended up getting a draw.

Richard M Murrieta likes this.
  2. Throwing Leather

Throwing Leather Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2021
    Both fights i havent watched in mannny years. I rewatched vargas fight a few years back and when it happened fernando was one of my favs n i said he won the fight at the time but rewatching winky beat him. Not robbed tho. I'll have to rewatch vasquez i only remember him barely getting a KD not multiples if that happened it could be my winky wright bias lol bottom line winky most underrated

3. Throwing Leather

Mar 7, 2021
    Ok i HAVE to rewatch this now lol. I prob havent seen that fight in literally 15yrs. Im a winky fan and probably was being super bias. I only remember him getting dropped barely a KD once in the fight. I must rewatch

Colonel Sanders likes this.
  4. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Pounchin powar calculateur Full Member

Sep 13, 2012
    He was knocked down 5 times. He showed a ton of heart, but he was getting hammered.

Throwing Leather likes this.
  5. Throwing Leather

Mar 7, 2021
    My late teenage self literally missed all of that lmao. Winky wright was kicking his ass lmaooo

Colonel Sanders likes this.