Could Katie Taylor beat up McGregor if they sparred in a boxing ring?

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by mark ant, Sep 9, 2018.

1. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    How would Conor McGregor do sparring against Rigo compared to how Taylor did vs Rigo?
    This content is protected

2. OvidsExile

OvidsExile At a minimum, a huckleberry over your persimmon. Full Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Conor would beat her ugly because he's a man. She's probably more skilled than he is but the physical differences between the sexes should more than make up for that disparity.

3. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Connor gassed out of his mind in the 4th round

Hits like a breeze.

I think Katie would beat him in 10-12 rounder fairly easily. She is technically one of the best female boxers i've ever seen...has 0 power...but neither does Connor.

Floyd is shot, feather-fisted because of his glass hands and carried Connor for many rounds. Even someone like Berto would finish Connor in a round or two if he wanted.

Connor would look good being a try hard for 4 rounds...but when the later rounds hit Katie would school him.

I hate womans boxing but Katie is a standout...and it's not like she's on steroids and testosterone PEDs like them butch UFC females.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    mark ant likes this.
  4. iceferg

iceferg Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Conor by KO in 1 round. Rigondeaux is taking it easy on her there I think.

Like him or not McGregor can box and has a bit of talent and gave a poorly prepared Mayweather problems for 6 rounds. He doesn’t beat anyone in the top 10 at light middleweight without getting more experience in my opinion.

5. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    The physical advantages that a trained fighting male athlete has over any female boxer is huge. The strength and power differences are very significant.

There are also coordination and spacing skill differences between men and womens, significantly in a mans favour. A male boxer just like a male footballer always looks better and more coordinated to the eye, because they actually are. This is a less politically correct area of difference as it pertains to the difference in a male brain function vs a female brain function.

lloydturnip, Flamazide and S.K like this.
  6. slender4

slender4 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Rigo looked like he was sparring with his 12 year old niece...while his brother was watching.

mark ant, minemax and Birmingham like this.
  7. bcr

bcr Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Never forget that time when the goat of female boxing was knocked out by a guy nobody knew.

This content is protected

Women boxing is getting better and Taylor is really good but a trained fighter who is also a world class fighter like McGregor beats her easily, the strenght difference is too much.

8. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    This has been done to death already. Why do people insist on recycling stupid threads like this that they and everyone else knows the answer to?

Oneirokritis, anders100 and PIRA like this.
  9. mb1233

mb1233 Active Member Full Member

Aug 18, 2017
    Hollly Holm vs. Taylor would be more interesting.

10. Flamazide

Flamazide Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Conor is a LOT bigger lol.

Oneirokritis and mark ant like this.
  11. OvidsExile

OvidsExile At a minimum, a huckleberry over your persimmon. Full Member

Aug 28, 2012
    17-0 boxing, 37-0-1 in kickboxing. Says on her wikipedia she was the chick who paralyzed Hilary Swank in Million Dollar Baby. Seems legit. I can't find anything on the guy to check his bona fides. *Boxrec says he had a 13-1 record.

mark ant likes this.
  12. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
  13. Suicide Man

Suicide Man New Member banned Full Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Same rubbish we heard when Rhonda Rousey v Mayweather was mooted. Getting punched on the face by a trained man v trained women is worlds apart in power.

Katie would get banged out once Conor connects. But to be fair to Taylor, she would still bang out the majority of normal untrained man and women.

14. RingKing75

RingKing75 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Dec 23, 2013
    KT weights 130lbs. conor fights 154-170 and a man. You and any other moron that thinks she even has a chance of beating him should just stop watching the sport.

15. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    I only posted this because a lot of her punches are thrown more correctly than Conor`s, while Connor would be too big, I think she could spar well vs him, he doesn`t look that good when he`s sparring and he`s easier to hit, maybe because of his head guard.