could khan turn out to be another Jaidon Codrington

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by faisal, Jan 11, 2008.

1. faisal

faisal Hoolios daddy Full Member

Feb 24, 2007
  2. robpalmer135

robpalmer135 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jun 29, 2007
    its possilbe with the suspect chin.

Codrington was never gonna be more than a contender/gatekeeper.

Khan will be a World Champ

3. faisal

faisal Hoolios daddy Full Member

Feb 24, 2007
    there both young fighters with **** chins and have unlimited potential it will be interesting to see how the story unfolds for young Khan when he steps in with some one like katsidis

4. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Wasn't he KO'ed badly during the 1st round in his first real step up?

5. Betty Swollocks

Betty Swollocks James 'Lights Out' Toney Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    yes, and took a battering in a great fight against Bika.
    He's athletic and hits pretty hard, but has a dodgy chin, pad defence and thick as mince.
    Hardly 'unlimited potential'

6. PrideOfWales

PrideOfWales Winston Zedmore Full Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Unlimited potential!!! Haha

7. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Not even Darth Vader had unlimited potential. Or Jesus!!! But Jaidon and Amir have. ;-)

8. Vantage_West

Vantage_West ヒップホップ·プロデューサー Full Member

Jul 11, 2006
    wait were talking about olympic gold medelist who has beat almost every lightwieght prospect and beating p4p best amatuer fighter also a boy has less than 20 fights and is hated among all of esb

and the other a golden glove champion who displayed a whole lot of power......then got sparked by allan green

big big big difference. and stupid to say that that both have a **** chin

9. TK Terrible

TK Terrible Tuff Little Unit Full Member

Dec 17, 2007
    excuse my ignorance but where does this whole khan being chinny thing come from, the Limond knock down? Never really followed the buoy

10. Big Ears

Big Ears Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Which Gold medalist is this ?

11. Claypole

Claypole Boxing Addict banned

Aug 4, 2007
    The Limond knockdown was quite severe, another ref on another night could have counted him out. He got knocked down in a previous fight but not as badly hurt. In his last amateur bout he got proper dropped and hurt by Craig Watson. The worrying thing is he is yet to face a puncher.....

12. TK Terrible

TK Terrible Tuff Little Unit Full Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Appreciated, im aware of the knock-out percentages and power or lack of in his opposition, just ws nae sure about why

keep the chin up Khan, unrelated note, I hate the way his family are always ringside going mental everytime he lands something, pisses me off for some reason

13. LeadLeftHook

LeadLeftHook Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Odd but ok, thats your reason! Everyone here hates Khan for one reason or another and wants him knocked out at this early stage which I cant undrestand why. But, yet everyone loves to discuss every detail about him. This is why I support him more.

14. LeadLeftHook

LeadLeftHook Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 4, 2007
    When he was knocked down against Limond, he did get up well within the count and then took a knee due to confusion with what his corner was trying to tell him. Maybe the ref. was over by one second but thats nothing as it always happens in so many fights.

However, against Limond het got back up only to beat Limmond to pulp. And got back up against Watson only to outclass him.

15. stake501

stake501 Active Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Its the hate against him here also, that makes me hope he proves the doubters wrong.

The personal abuse he gets as if he goes on like Froch, Nas or Toney....when clearly he doesnt.

The press releases that Sports Network send out all get put on his doorstep, as if he writes them all, as does the matchmaking, as if he is a seasoned pro who is totally in charge of his career.

Hes a 21 year old kid who i'm sure they tell to concentrate on the boxing and we will deal with the rest.