Could Malignaggi beat Hatton?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by The Italarican, Jun 23, 2007.

1. The Italarican

The Italarican Pretty Good Poster Full Member

Jul 16, 2005
    There aren't many names south of 147 for Hatton right now. He had a bit of trouble with Collazo, but was it because of the weight or because Luis is a quick, slick boxer from the outside? Hatton obviously mauls Paulie when they get in close, but could he catch up to Paulie? I think the way Hatton hops in and Paulie's lack of pop would allow Hatton to get in and probably beat the body.

2. Stinky gloves

Stinky gloves Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 31, 2007
    Malignaggi and Witter, two names for hatton to beat at 140lb

3. markbrooklyn

markbrooklyn Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Malganaggi will whip Hatton easy.. he aint gonna stand in front of hatton like his other opponents and Malganaggi is a natural 140lber

4. ferd cloupes

ferd cloupes Member Full Member

Dec 24, 2006
  5. teetop

teetop Active Member Full Member

Feb 4, 2007
    For ****s sake new york loser. Hey guido! macaroni is NOT in ricky's class. He is a espn2 friday night teddy atlas commentated kellerman
    licked boring ass *****. Ricky will beat the living **** out of hedgehog.
    Any REAL boxing fan knows this stupid.

6. Jack

Jack Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Malignaggi doesn't he anywhere near hard enough to stop Hatton. That'd be decisive.

7. Drusome

Drusome Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Malignaggi gave Cotto an even better fight than most people give him credit for. He didn't just get "beat up" and show heart - I had him up after 8 rounds and out boxing Cotto at points pretty good.

If he could fight Cotto this way then Hatton would be in for a tough challenge - Malignaggi has the right style and skills to pull it out.

8. Efil4zaggin

Efil4zaggin Fistfull of vCash Full Member

Dec 25, 2006
    After seeing both fighters in the last couple of days I'd say although paulie has good speed and skills his lack of power would mean he would struggle to keep hatton from swarming all over him.

9. hitman_hatton1

hitman_hatton1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    malignaggi is easy to get to.

when n'dou put his foot down he got close.

plus paulie is open to head shots.

he blocks the body well but not the head.

hatton on pts i think. :yep

10. hitman_hatton1

hitman_hatton1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    he's not ultra elusive.

cotto proved that. :!:

he'd take hatton long in the fight though i think.

expect lots of holding in that one. :yep

11. Manjanek

Manjanek ESB Double Whopper Full Member

Jun 11, 2006
    I dont think Hatton can out-in-fight Cotto. I don't see Hatton bringing anything out of the box that Malignaggi hasn't already seen from Cotto- But Cotto is better AT it. Also, I do love Collazo, but I think that Malignaggi is a touch faster and more elusive a fighter than him. Obviously strength has been an issue with Paulie, but I think that his strength is coming around.(notice the KD against N'dou who hasn't been put down often[if at all]). While Collazo is stronger, I say that Paulie UDs hatton and does it in flashy style.

12. chinachin_76

chinachin_76 Member Full Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Hatton would over-power Malignaggi, especially if it was in England. But that still wouldn't stop me .... I'd barrack for the Italian, I respect him much much more. Hatton's got a whole country behind him and the sad thing is his country would do anything for him to win ... ala Tszyu

13. 1boricua

1boricua Facedyourfear youarefree Full Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Malignaggi has the right style and skills to pull it out. You only have to box the dirty Hatton, not playing his dirty fight. Please don't speak of Cotto Hatton, Cotto will kill him

14. knockout

knockout Make my day Full Member

Feb 18, 2007
    nah hes too weak he couldnt even put a dent on cotto.

15. madjabber

madjabber Member Full Member

May 1, 2006
    PM could beat Hatton, Paulie is good at staying in range of his opponent and he is able to land good shots and then move very quickly if he keeps repeating this tactic and avoids getting KO'D he has a good chance. Although Hatton is pretty fast himself has power and good footwork I think it would be a good fight.