Could Michael Hunter shatter Usyk's mandible after that terrible trainer switch idea?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by MVC!, Feb 24, 2017.

1. MVC!

MVC! The Best Ever Full Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Usyk is one of my favourite fighters but this is a huge red flag and something we must all consider, he could be vulnerable here.

Had he still been with Bashir, I say Usyk wins confidently. But now I'm just not so sure. You don't just switch trainers after the man's been with you for so many years.

Could M.Hunter shatter Usyk's mandible in this fight? Discuss.

2. bcr

bcr Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Terrible switch of Trainer?, Usyk has like 12 fights as a pro, he had maybe hundreds of fights with Lomachenko, he knows and actually was a huge part in Usyk's succes.

pincai and Peril like this.
  3. DanielDimov

DanielDimov Jabbing all night Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Terrible switch idea ? Wtf ... Everyone talks about how great loma is and that is lomachenkos coach. And now trolling about changing the coach lollolololo makes no sense , in my opinion that's perfect decision for Usyk!

4. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Yes bet your house on Hunter!!! He's gonna starch Usyk.

5. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I might have to delete this thread and ban you for this, this is the worst troll thread you've ever done.:shakehead:

mirkofilipovic, N17 and Kevin Willis like this.
  6. MVC!

Nov 5, 2013
    Not sure, but definitely very possible here.

I think Bashir is the absolute perfect mesh with Usyk. Just not smart.

7. MVC!

Nov 5, 2013
    Dude, it's not trolling at all. I like Bashir. He forged a great marriage with Usyk.

8. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    I like Bashir too, but Usyk as much as I love him, has regressed a little under him, Anatoly is the perfect fit, all the rest of the 2012 Ukrainian Olympic Team need to go back to Papa Loma as well.

Anatoly>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bashir

Any day of the week.:deal:

Kevin Willis likes this.
  9. MVC!

Nov 5, 2013
    I donno about that, Loma and Usyk fight very different styles.

I like how the defensive responsibility Bashir installs in Usyk, although i would like him to be more offensive from time to time. Still, I always believed that whatever's not broken, DON'T FIX. This may be one of those Chad Dawson/Cotto/James Kirkland constant trainer switch fiascos.

I don't want this to happen to him.

10. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Don't worry Anatoly will keep his defense tight as well, after all Loma gets hit way less than Usyk doesn't he? Its the perfect match. And they don't fight identically, but close enough, I really wish Gvozdyk would drop Garcia and head back over to Anatoly as well.

11. MVC!

Nov 5, 2013
    I hope so, I don't want Usyk trying some Loma stuff and get himself knocked out cuz he's not used to it. If he gets knocked out here, I'll be VERY disappointed. I've seen too many stupid instances where guys just randomly switch trainers for little to no reason and they regress badly.

Let's hope for the best.

CST80 likes this.
  12. KiwiMan

KiwiMan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2016
    Usyk has worked with Lomachenko Snr before, so it's not a new trainer. I'm pretty confident about this one.

13. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Don't worry Anatoly trained him in the Olympics, as an am and in the WSB, and IMO he performed far better then than he does now, although not saying he's bad now, Bashir is a decent fit, but Anatoly is better.

14. MVC!

Nov 5, 2013
    I know he's done work in Usyk's career, but this is giving me the chills. Because I thought Usyk loved Bashir, he's had nothing but great things to say about it, even b4 his last fight. Damn.

15. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Don't worry, he'll be fine, and it was amicable, he'll still probably rely on James here and there.