Could prime Tyson handle Prime Foreman?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Chopinghook, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Sangria

Sangria You bleed like Mylee Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Oh so NOW you believe what comes out of Foreman's mouth? I can get a direct quote from Tyson if you like? Foreman's also known for saying he's glad the fight never came off.

2. Sangria

Nov 13, 2010
    Steve Lott has NEVER talked with Don King about Cus/Tyson/Foreman. Bobby Goodman, or Don King, or both are full of shat. It was an attempt to shame Tyson into giving Foreman a shot. Foreman at the time was undeserving but Bill Cayton had him on the agenda once Foreman could beat ranked fighters.

3. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    @ Sangria: You're trying too hard.

Wass1985 likes this.
  4. Chopinghook

Chopinghook Member Full Member

Mar 14, 2017
    Yeah, and you confirmed this with Mr.Lott

5. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    People always say how huge Foreman was. He was 6'3 220 lbs which was about the norm
    for the 80's. In this fight i'm talking about prime Tyson mid 80's around the Biggs fight. The
    one who still had the peek a boo style and was quick ,mean and disciplined. Tyson fought
    2 big hw in Smith and Tucker. The only reason they lasted the final bell was because of
    excess holding, clinching and just wanting to survive and throwing few punches.
    Foreman showed in the Lyle fight when in trouble he would try and slug his way out of trouble
    and this would tire him out and he was easy to hit.
    Tyson showed in 2 Ruddock fights he could absorb bombs from huge punchers. Tyson
    too quick , too sharp for Foreman. The referee rescues a exhausted , battered Foreman in 5.

6. Sangria

Nov 13, 2010
    Is that so hard to believe? Go to facebook, add Steve Lott and ask him about this. It's not difficult. In fact, it's been brought up several times whenever he posts a Tyson vs Foreman fantasy fight. This ALWAYS comes up and every time Steve denies ever talking to Don King or Bobby Goodman, especially about Cus.

7. Sangria

Nov 13, 2010
    Trying too hard at what?

8. Jobo1878

Jobo1878 Active Member Full Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Do you have a link for both? Im not disagreeing with you, I wouldnt mind reading if possible.

Cheers

Wass1985 and BCS8 like this.
  9. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    To elaborate: I've noticed that you make pretty good posts in general, but when it comes to Tyson you're a bit like Dino with the Klitschkos. You're clearly lacking in objectivity and are probably more of a Tyson fan than he is of himself. So it becomes a little difficult to take your word at face value on this.

If you actually read the Foreman quote that I posted, George himself strongly hints that he may well have lost againt Tyson and doesn't really understand why Mike didn't want to make the fight. Now, that to me is as objective as it gets.

I find this matchup fascinating and frankly it would be nice to have more of the actual facts surrounding the issue than stony partisanship.

Wass1985 likes this.
  10. reznick

reznick In the 7.2% Full Member

Mar 17, 2010
    This content is protected

"This may be close"

Sangria likes this.
  11. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    I don't think Tyson would fare at all well against a prime Foreman.
    Foreman has several stylistic advantages here.

Wass1985 likes this.
  12. Sangria

Nov 13, 2010
    Do you follow Foreman on twitter? If not I can get it from a friend of mine who asked Foreman if he thought he could beat Tyson.

13. Sangria

Nov 13, 2010
    I understand if you pick Foreman against Tyson in a prime for prime battle. But when someone quotes the bogus Lotierzo article that was re-written by Monte Cox - an article that has absolutely no merit - as a means to picking Foreman...it strikes a nerve.

If you believe the story because someone says it's true, does that automatically in your mind make it true? It was a story written by a Foreman fan who never had a good word to say about Mike Tyson. There's not one bit of evidence to prove it's worth. This is boxing, the most underhanded, devious, untrustworthy sport in the history of our world. And get this - the story supposedly originates from Don King, the most trusted man in the universe. By the power of Grey Skull!

George has gone on record stating he doesn't think he would've won the fight. He's also said he didn't think Tyson wanted to fight him, which is why the fight never happened. Should we take his word as gospel?

Tyson didn't need Foreman, but did Foreman need Tyson? I believe they would've fought had Tyson never gone to prison. And for the record, I don't think either fighter ducked the other.

BCS8 likes this.
  14. Jobo1878

Jobo1878 Active Member Full Member

Mar 12, 2011
    I dont mate sorry. Is it a recent tweet? I dont mind trawling through later

15. Sangria

Nov 13, 2010
    Here's one from December 3, 2016.

NoNeck and Jobo1878 like this.