Could Setanta or Sky be the key to Witter vs Hatton

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by robpalmer135, Mar 10, 2008.

1. robpalmer135

robpalmer135 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jun 29, 2007
    If they offerd enough money, the same money US tv offer, how could Hatton refuse???

2. bizzer07

bizzer07 Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2007
    nop, its never going to happen. I'm not just saying this because i'm more of a fan of Ricky than Junior, because they are both terrific champs for Britain, but i really cant see this going through, what ever money is offered. Hattons going to keep digging at a rematch with Mayweather i reckon, although i think he blew his chance too much, well he didnt but floyd did!!

3. Healy

Healy Former Wee Poof

Feb 13, 2006
    I actually dont even care about this now. Ricky doesnt seem to want it and Witter doesnt seem to have enough backing to make it happen. The only hope Witter has is if he beats Hopkins and the media back him because he bet Bernards nephew, something stupid like that might be good for him

Hatton..no comment.. just a sigh!! Lazcona who or whatever his name is?

4. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Come on show us the fight we all wanna see....

Hatton vs Lascano.

5. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    The Hopkins fight is off, he'll have to fight someone elses nephew to get the recognition he deserves.;)

6. BaronBrad

BaronBrad Member Full Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Agree with most of what others have said. Hatton has stated on numerous occasions that instead of beating Witter to a pulp in order to shut him up and stop his tauntings, he'd rather be a ***** and deny Witter a career high payday.

Hatton's career is based on beating bums and active world champions. He is not interested in fighting world class fighters unless the money is large.

Hatton needs to grow some balls and think about what the public wants to see. Who cares about Lazcano and Malignaggi, both are fights Hatton will win relatively easily. He is far to go to face these types of fighters at this stage of his career.

7. MON

MON Active Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2007
    I thought David Haye had put an end to threads like this, which made me like him even more.

8. john b

john b EVERTON 0- OLdham 1 Full Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Yeah didn't seem anyone minding witter fighting a bloke who got beat of forbes, whilst hatton gets slated for what people preceive as a gimme.:good

9. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Hatton doesn't want to be KO'ed again, he knows he would make good money fighting Witter.