Could you get to 168 lbs and KO Rocky Fielding if given 8 weeks to prepare?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Oakland Billy Smith, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Oakland Billy Smith

Oakland Billy Smith Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 19, 2018
    No disrespect to Fielding, I mean you would have to seriously train and be ready to fight

POTUS likes this.
  2. Staminakills

Staminakills Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Anyone on this site that claims they could be competitive with any pro fighter (close to their size) shouldn't be allowed to post here ever again

Sphillips, POTUS, Badbot and 31 others like this.
  3. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    This. Even a mediocrity like Fielding is levels above the likes of me in what he does, because I don't do it. There may be pro boxers that lurk here who could be able to whoop him, dunno.

4. bcr

bcr Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Get 8 weeks of training and try to beat an amateur of your size in sparring and you will understand boxing

5. OvidsExile

OvidsExile At a minimum, a huckleberry over your persimmon. Full Member

Aug 28, 2012
  6. OvidsExile

Aug 28, 2012
    What I never got is why the pros need so much time. These guys used to fight twenty times a year. Now they all need a year or two to fight their mandatories. "You see, basically I'm a fat pile of goo, and I'm going to spend the first month or two with my trainers sweating off the pounds making sure I look like a human again. Then, I'm going to learn something called 'baxing'?"

I've seen celebrities get in the ring faster when it ain't their ****ing job!

Grinder, bandeedo, herbzg and 3 others like this.
  7. Big Ukrainian

Big Ukrainian Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Fielding is just a punching bag for elite boxers, but he will beat street guys with ease by boxing rules.

Staminakills likes this.
  8. lighteningjab

lighteningjab Member Full Member

May 6, 2018
    I must say Fielding was pathetic. He sat down every time he was hit. Seems like he was weight drained or something?! Nobody is going to want to read this. Know what I am saying?

Oakland Billy Smith and herbzg like this.
  9. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    This. Canelo made Fielding look easy because he’s an elite fighter and Fielding isn’t. Also, guys on this site are delusional if they think they could be competitive with pro fighters even much smaller than themselves. They are seriously underestimating how dangerous a pro boxer is to nonfighters.

Fielding would beat the tar out of anyone that isn’t a well trained fighter.

R.B.J1, Side, S.K and 2 others like this.
  10. RingKing75

RingKing75 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Dec 23, 2013
    Me vs Fielding would be a replay of the Canelo fight. Except id be playing the role of Fielding lol!

Sphillips, pistal47 and Ph33rknot like this.
  11. OvidsExile

Aug 28, 2012
    These two videos got recommended to me by youtube in the last few days. The first, shows a 15 year old completely ****ing up a street fighter who comes into his boxing gym off the street to challenge boxers.
    This content is protected

The second one shows a professional mma fighter who's had seven fights and is in the UFC hanging in there but getting the worst of it from another 15 year old boxer.
    This content is protected

I think those two videos show the gulf first in trained versus untrained combatants, while the second shows why I can't watch mma or take it seriously. You expect me to believe you have the best fighters in the world, but their striking level is roughly the same as a fifteen year olds? GTFOH.

@IntentionalButt Oh, the humanity!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  12. Big Ukrainian

Big Ukrainian Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 10, 2007
    I agree. But amateur star like Oleksandr Khyzhniak would KO Fielding easily in his pro debut.

13. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Fielding is a decent fighter and he would beat most guys not in the top 10 at 168. But he should not have been a champion.

14. mrtony80

mrtony80 Likes thick chicks Full Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Gatti looked like Whitaker in Pros vs Joes.

Ph33rknot likes this.
  15. mrtony80

mrtony80 Likes thick chicks Full Member

Sep 2, 2009
    I’m assuming this thread is meant as a joke. Nobody on this forum can hang with, let alone ko a pro boxer. Being a pro in boxing isn’t the same as being pro in other sports (Charlie Z) but unless you’re using some extreme example...that 1-15 guy who gets in there solely for a check, 99.9 of guys on this forum would get washed.

There is a video of Mikey Garcia sparing a 15 year old. The kid is pretty good for his age. Green, but obviously trained. Garcia, with no head gear, w/o having trained in months, went about 5% against this kid, and well...watch the video. In the meantime, the kid would probably whip most of us.

The “lucky punch” scenario doesn’t even apply for you. You’d have 0 percent chance of landing a lucky punch. You might land a jab or two if they’re playing with you. Take it this way, if a mid tier pro’s trainer said “ok, you have one minute to put this guy down. You can’t let him touch you once” the pro could do exactly that to an average joe with “8 weeks to prepare” 9 out 10 times. Boxing isn’t just who can put punch who. I’ve hung in a lot of boxing gyms, and lost count of how many times I saw guys off the street get worked by guys who’d been training for a while.

Take Mayorga. Back in his heyday, he looked like ****. Ugly punches, horrible defense, always off balance...Mayorga looked like a guy who just grew up street fighting but didn’t train much in boxing. But the fact that he lasted for more than a few rounds (and won many) against elites (albeit past prime) shows that he was more than just a street fighter.

Female pro vs average joe with 8 weeks to prepare...now that’s an interesting discussion. Hmmm...elite level female vs same size average joe with a smidgen of training...what do you guys think?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    bandeedo likes this.