Crawford says he would have beaten Floyd.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by VG_Addict, May 31, 2023.

1. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    9-3 PBF

drenlou likes this.
  2. MetalLicker

MetalLicker Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 10, 2011
    He did fight offensive fighters, but most of them were short on height or reach. He always had height and reach advantage going into most of his fights, which made it a lot easier to outbox them. Going through his resume, he rarely had a fight where he didn't have an advantage with a couple being exceptions, but those fights were against inexperienced fighters or over the hill ones. Crawford & Spend matches him physically.

Castillo gave him hell in the first fight, and I firmly believe that Crawford is better than Castillo offensively. I believe he is smart enough to not try to box with Floyd, but instead take the fight to him and keep him on the defensive. Floyd is known to go on the defensive when he's being attacked and he would give up rounds to avoid getting hit. He uses his pull counters against shorter fighters, who try to box him on the outside.

Crawford would go on the offensive, occasionally switch stances to break down Floyd's defense and outfight him.

3. Carpe Diem

Carpe Diem Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2020
    The only thing Dud has over Floyd is knockout power. Floyd would’ve systematically pick him apart and exposed all of his fundamental flaws.

4. CooperKupp

CooperKupp Jokic For MVP Full Member

Aug 28, 2022
    This. OR floyd would have waited for this crawford vs spence matchup and IF crawford goes through a war or gets KOed… Floyd would have put him on his ‘To Do’ list for 2025. A close decision win… and crawford will get sent a contract for the fight in 2026. You know… Let some more wear and tear set in. Kind of like he did with Manny after the Marquez fight. He actually waited four more years with Manny though.

“I.. I… I’ll fight him now. I.. I’ll f… fight him now. See?! A.. And the fans say I.. I don’t fight da Bess!! They S.. Say I don’t fight da bess!! Next QUESTION!! N.. N.. Next question! Quit asking me about iv exemptions!!”

box33 and UnleashtheFURY like this.
  5. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    my 2 cents here.

My opinion is that between 130-140 Floyd can be rationally included in a conversation regarding boxers from super feather through Junior welter. At Welter they are too many greats to include Floyd above top 5 and possibly top 10.

From 130 through 140 Floyd defeated such names as:
    Gennaro Hernandez (31-1-1 at the time of the fight)
    Angel Manfredy (tough contender type journeyman)
    Emanuel Augustus (gave everyone a tough fight)
    Diego Corrales (nothing needs to be said here)
    Carlos Hernandez (knocked Floyd down)
    Jose Luis Castillo (twice)
    Phillip Ndou (31-1)
    DeMarcus Corley
    Arturo Gatti

Crawford never fought below Lightweight, to my knowledge. From his belt at lightweight through Super lightweight, he defeated
    such boxers as:

Alejandro Sanabria
    Ricky Burns (36-2-1)
    Yuriokis Gamboa (23-0)
    Raymundo Beltran
    Thomas Dulorme
    Dierry Jean
    Henry Lundy
    Viktor Postol (28-0)
    John Molina
    Julius Indongo
    ( and let's not forget after moving up to welter he defeated some true greats: Jeff Horn, Amir Khan, and Kell Brook) LOL.

Besides maybe Gamboa, and possibly Postol, Crawford has fought basically no one of any note. His resume from 130-140 pales into insignificance to Floyds record.

Based on experience alone, Floyd is head and shoulder above Bud, and I believe experience counts.

6. rodney

rodney Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Crawford loses to Floyd if they fought today.

7. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    He is supposed to say that. I don't think so but he has a right to say it.

8. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    was he talking in general or at 147?

9. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Of course he does Every fighter believes he can beat their opponents or they wouldn't be there.

Brighton bomber likes this.
  10. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Maidanas Gun Tattoo Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2017
    Big deal. Floyd said he would beat Margarito and was too chicken sissy to do it.

box33 likes this.
  11. sasto

sasto Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    Neither is going to crack the other's chin, neither is a huge volume guy, so it would come down to who makes the fewest mistakes.

When two elite fighters face off it becomes about sustained focus and Floyd has a considerable advantage there.

12. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    It's what he is meant to say

Why would he say anything else

Doubt he would win but it would have been an interesting clash of styles

13. SquaredCircle

SquaredCircle Active Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Mayweather would have beaten him clearly in a high-level chess match, but I can't fault Crawford for being confident in his skills and ability. He should say that he'd beat Mayweather.

Pimp C likes this.
  14. Joeywill

Joeywill Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 2, 2021
    50/50 fight I lean towards Mayweather

15. Boxed Ears

Boxed Ears this my daddy's account (RIP daddy) Full Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Current fighter says he'd beat former fighter and former fighter says he'd beat current fighter are the most common things in boxing that are treated as controversiality. Which is probably a word. But in this instance, it will bring the typical impotent wonders to say Floyd wouldn't even fight him. Which is almost incomprehensibly stupid and can't be a real thought in a reasonable mind. It's either lack of reason, lack of intelligence, or pure acting to virtue signal to other impotent wonders for comment likes. And that is something that I know a lot about, because I do that. But it's different when I do it. I do it as an experiment. I'm going to publish my findings.