Crawford v Brook confirmed

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    That makes zero sense Guvnor...

If it was a viable PPV fight, than Eddie would have looked to have done it last year when he could have got away with it using his sales skills/stacked card stuff. Especially as he was struggling to do anything with either of them.

Or he would actively have been discussing it before the Crawford fight materialised.

2. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    There's no way this will be his last fight, he'll lose then have another PPV against some Brit that Hearn will claim is massive blah blah and the donuts will bite it up

3. sniffmybadger

sniffmybadger Relationships are not my forte Full Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I think there's a few reasons. He was in a similar position as Callum Smith is in now, holding a world strap, but not able to bring in huge viewers, many fighters won't take a risk against a very good opponent for very little money. Another reason is he spent too much time pursuing a big money fight with Khan, Who was never going to fight him. Then there's the whole stabbing incident that derailed his career for a while. It's a shame it turned out the way it did, he could have done so much more.

Staminakills likes this.
  4. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Brook should have gone across the pond where all the big fights were at and would have been far easier to make. Hearn had obligations for PPV dates and Brook was seen as one of those to fill a slot.

Again over paying a fighter has made us miss out on great fights as Brook wouldn't get the money he did over here out the gate in the US.

5. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    It was tongue in cheek bruv. That's why I said "Eddie would seriously consider it"

6. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Ah, I see - sorry Mate.

im sparticus likes this.
  7. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Agree with others how his career as turned out. Had the potential to go down as one of the UKs best fighters.

I really rated Brook and he was/is a generally world class fighter.

I just don't understand how a fighter with so much talent could fight so many pointless fights in his career.

8. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Eddie Hearn ****ed his career but made him some money

9. high tower

high tower Active Member Full Member

Mar 27, 2008
    so Hearn couldn’t make the big fights basically ??

Someone said he blocked the Thurman fight too ??

Inglis_1 likes this.
  10. nurological

May 25, 2012
    I think Hearn was a bit clueless to just how much WWs were making at the time in America and couldn't offer them the money they would command to fight in the UK AND pay Brook.

high tower likes this.
  11. high tower

high tower Active Member Full Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Was the frankie Gavin hammering PPV? I think it was

12. nurological

May 25, 2012
    It was but it was added to the that card around 5 weeks out i believe. Said many times before but that was probably the best Matchroom card of recent memory and has declined ever since.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    im sparticus likes this.
  13. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Yeah, that really was an excellent card in fairness

im sparticus likes this.
  14. Carlton Cole

Carlton Cole Member banned Full Member

Aug 4, 2016
    I fancy Kell to put Crawford on the seat of his pants and look like he’s rolling back the years then slowing down dramatically around the 6th and Crawford stopping him late. Brook walks around like a solid middleweight the cut at this stage, after the years of inactivity is dangerous.

15. Carlton Cole

Carlton Cole Member banned Full Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Intrigued to see how Crawford who likes to switch hit and pot shot from distance deals with Brooks world class timing (if still there) Shame he ballsed his career up best British fighter of the matchroom era for me, comfortably