Crawford v Brook confirmed

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    and it caused him to shat his pants... got ya.

ashishwarrior and pow like this.
  2. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I’m picking crawford to win now.

just read about brook not being trained by ingle for this fight and also that Hearn isn’t promoting brook either

anyone know much more on this?

the fights confirmed but no poster or anything announced on Hearns Instagram

All sounds a bit fishy to me, wouldn’t be surprised if the fight doesn’t happen

3. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    don’t agree with that, he was a consensus top five / top three welter in the world when he beat porter away from home.

Now he is indisputably a shot fighter.

4. Amazing one

Amazing one Active Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Meh fight

Crawford wide

5. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Brook will want to maximize his earnings from this one and cutting out Ingle and Hearn is the obvious choice. As long as he doesn't quit he will have ammunition to throw at Khan. With him and Khan both free agents they could easily set up a little beef to get a retirement fight going. Even though both are well past their best it will still be a fun, profitable fight with some tasty build up. Brook will get picked apart and stopped by Crawford, without Ingle he was all over the place. Ingle is all Brook knows.

6. Mod-Mania

Mod-Mania Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Crawford will beat Brook up. even pre GGG i'd pick Crawford.

7. venbox

venbox Active Member Full Member

Dec 2, 2005
    No chance at all for Brook here, but he might be able to go the distance. Crawford is a light puncher when compared to Spence and specially Golovkin.

8. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I think Crawford beats Brook regardless.

But It's the weight that will really damage Brook, he shouldn't be fighting at 147 any longer.

It wasn't long ago, all that talk of Brook Vs Khan and Brook wasn't having any of the 147 limit, I'm sure he wanted or was pushing for a fight at a catchweight.

But all of a sudden he is dipping back down to 147, zero mention of the weight, I'm not buying it.

Brook is taking a gamble, taking a payday, and that's fine but let's not forget all the things Brook and Hearn have said about Brook at 147 over the past few years.

zulander and Twentyman like this.
  9. Bent-nose

Bent-nose Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    That's not true. Kell said he would fight Khan at welter.

N17 likes this.
  10. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Yes he did, I do remember that. Although a catchweight was also talked about.

N17 likes this.
  11. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Maybe, I'm sure if the money was right and Khan had a set of nuts he would have done Welterweight but they were also talking a catchweight of 150 if my memory serves me correctly.

im sparticus likes this.
  12. kobashi

kobashi Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2010
    From what I have read, Brook, Barker, Bellew, Froch (Original eddie hearn Matchroom) were all basically on handshake deals. Brook has never had a contract with Hearn.

13. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    The exclusive Sky deal is why he probably doesn’t feel the need to lock them down.

Bet he makes AJ sign

14. Patter983

Patter983 Active Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2018
    Is this hindered percent on ? I thought they were struggling to sell it to uk tv , which I guess would effect Brooks original purse ?

15. Ian_k

Ian_k Active Member Full Member

May 8, 2012
    From what I read today matchroom or sky went nothing to do with the fight