Crawford v Khan official.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Jacko

Jacko Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 25, 2008
    This. Except I don't think Khan will get knocked out because he gasses. It will be because Crawford has a greater ring IQ, so Crawford will figure out Khan's predictable attacks and weaknesses and time him with a big shot.

Although the styles are different, the pattern of the fight will follow the pattern of Uysk - Bellew, minus Bellew's gassing.

Khan will give Crawford trouble, and we will see the best of what Khan has to offer. Unfortunately, we will also see the weaknesses that have hampered Khan throughout his career; low ring IQ and a weak chin.

2. SambaKing1993

SambaKing1993 Don't do it Zachary! Full Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Crawford could end this in 3 rounds if he doesn't string it along.

Khan is past his best; way past. He's not been focused on boxing the last few years which will cost him greatly, Crawford for me is the best fighter in the sport right now. Tremendous punch variety, speed, accuracy, IQ, he has it all.

3. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Completely agree. But it’s Khan so some people on here will never reign in their bias and make a reasonable post about him.

Just remember how Fielding, a SMW was completely battered pillar to post by Canelo. Then remind yourself how Khan out boxed him and landed flush at will, albeit for four rounds.

Anyway I rate Crawford more than most on here. I think he will win really easily but I hope Amir can make it interesting.

Also as others have mentioned, truly masterful world class trolling from Khan. He has played Brook and Hearn like a fiddle. I absolutely love it lol!

4. stittyb

stittyb Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Yep, fair shout that

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  5. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    How are people giving "respect" to Khan for this?

I'm sure if you asked any national level boxer, if they wanted to face the P4P best, they'd jump at the chance. They'd obviously lose but they'd be happy at just being given the chance to fight them. same applies to A Mere Con here. He isn't going into this fight thinking he can win this. He's going into this fight because its a no lose fight for him. He gets paid relatively decent. His name and brand get more exposure and he avoids giving Brook the payday. That's all it is. Nothing that deserves any kind of respect.

Since his loss to Garcia, he's been slipping and sliding his way through non dangerous opponents in the hope of landing the Mayweather ticket. He failed with that then he failed with the Pacquiao ticket. Now he knows his days are numbered, he's just looking for big cash out fights which aren't against Brook. His whole boxing 'career' has been a shambles. A smokescreen.

ashishwarrior likes this.
  6. Ian_k

Ian_k Active Member Full Member

May 8, 2012
    People say khan will be humiliated and doesn't stand a chance

When has he lost to a southpaw ?

7. Security Service

Security Service New Member banned Full Member

Jan 12, 2019
    Lhan
    Khan v Brook is a useless fight. WHat does it do for Boxing ?
    It’s just a petty meaningless fight born out of two grown Men insulting eachother about their appearances and boxing careers. Crawford v Khan is a high level meaningful fight

It won’t also be on PPV!
    Anything which creates a frown on Eddie Hearn’s and that other mug Adam Smith is good enough for me. These people are just money suckers. Notice how they don’t want to make Joshua v Wilder or Joshua v Fury while all three are at their Peak.

But Are dying to see Khan v Brook, two worn out men, who have been battered from pillar to post by the elites. But the money men still realise the British casuals will buy anything which has a bit of fake feud in it. They can’t believe their luck.

Wig, Twentyman and stittyb like this.
  8. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Khan is going to get hammerd you would think. he was awful against Vargas
    Really bad. Hurt and beaten up at times by a guy who is probably domestic level. He's never lost to a left hander he is brilliant against them to be fair, but Crawford is on the of the best... khans going to need to pull out a maidana type of performance to win this and I just don't see it..

Scissors, Twentyman and Gatekeeper like this.
  9. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Clever from Amir (never thought I'd say that).

Nice payday for him and he'll still have some credibility after this (I expect him to win a few rounds before going out on his shield against a P4P top 3) plus he'll still have the final Brook payday waiting for him.

jonny v likes this.
  10. Accurate

Accurate Jump back, wanna kiss myself! Full Member

May 3, 2018
    I don't think he has the brain power to be an elite level troll, he just doesn't want to fight Brook.

ashishwarrior and BXNG101 like this.
  11. jonny v

jonny v Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Humiliated?? ?just stepping in with Crawford deserves respect ! I personally think khan will give everything and be competitive. Did canelo humiliate Khan ?? ?no!

12. jonny v

jonny v Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2010
    He does fight brook. And he fights him after Crawford . And he beats brook

13. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Khan vs Brook gets me as excited as the Crolla vs Burns fight....which isn’t v excited. Long past its sell by date. Nobody would be talking about it if it wasn’t the constant narrative on sky.

I think Khan is going to get stopped by Crawford when he decides to stop it. Khan was an excellent, exciting (still is) fighter but he’s got some serious mileage on the clock and the durability in that chin has weakened more imo. Vargas seriously wobbled him a couple of times in that last fight, one right on the bell. Crawford is a brilliant fighter and whilst people rightly mention Khan’s ability to deal with left handers, Crawford could beat him just as easy in the orthodox stance.

Respect to Khan for taking the fight and i’ll be cheering him on.

Scissors likes this.
  14. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Khan may not look out of his depth for the first couple of rounds, but only a matter of time before Crawford gets his timing down and takes him out. As soon as he opens up, its over.

Khan for all the speed and physical talent, he's light years behind Crawford in terms of ring IQ. Can see him having some success, getting greedy and then getting caught.

15. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Khan v Brook will be a proper freak show by the time it happens, two fighters well past it acting like fighters in their prime. As for Khan v Crawford obviously it's a keep busy fight for Crawford and going by Khans last outing he is completely done. Anyone giving Khan a chance seriously needs their head checking.