Crawford v Khan official.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Jan 12, 2019.

1. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Breidis Prescott has nosedived since his win and an immediate rematch would have been beyond stupid. There is clearly no merit in a rematch now.

Most people had Khan beating Peterson. It would have been a good rematch but not essential for Khan since he came out of that defeat losing no respect. If you actually did your research you’d be aware that the fighters agreed to a rematch before it collapsed after Peterson tested positive for drugs.

A Danny Garcia rematch would be relevant and Khan did call him out for a rematch numerous times. It would still be relevant now but Crawford is clearly a more lucrative fight.

Obviously there is no point in even dreaming of avenging Canelo.

So what exactly are you complaining about? More idiotic bleating for no reason by the worst poster on here.

CathyBarry likes this.
  2. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    So he didn't avenge any defeat. Glad we have cleared that up.

3. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    The type of response I’d expect from someone who has just been torn apart.

Jobo1878 likes this.
  4. CathyBarry

CathyBarry Active Member Full Member

Jan 10, 2016
    I agree with the Garcia and Peterson but not this m8. Khan had plenty of time to avenge that loss and Prescott was calling him out for ages, all Khan could say was that Prescott had taken losses and the public had no interest anymore which was absolute bull****! Khan completely Ducked a rematch with Prescott, everyone knows it m8. I had no problems with him not rematching straight away or now but inbetween that he had plenty of time to rematch Prescott and avenge that defeat and he shat it.

5. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    I definitely think your argument there holds credence but I have to disagree still. I’m always of the opinion that after a brutal early KO, the loser should never jump into an immediate rematch and then stay clear of the rematch for at least two or three fights.

Khan did that and two years later he had beaten Kotelnik, Malignaggi and a better puncher in Maidana anyway. By that point I don’t think a rematch would have served any purpose.

There are many legitimate reasons to criticise Khan but I don’t think not avenging Prescott is one of them. Had he boxed complete no marks after the Prescott fight then the criticism would hold weight. But given the names he fought I think we can let that slide. Wlad never avenged Sanders and Purrity but I don’t see many people criticising him for that.

CathyBarry likes this.
  6. Darni187

Darni187 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Khan was rematching Peterson till failed drug test , and Garcia never wanted to rematch Khan because he knew he got lucky first time round, Angel said no way we rematching Khan no way.lol

7. Work the body

Work the body Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Prescott was calling Khan out for ages? Why would he do that after he’d beaten him lol? That might well be true but that seems strange.

Khan was going to rematch Peterson but then failed a drugs test so can’t really hold that one against him.

8. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    So the Khan who went life and death with Samuel Vargas, is now facing Cawford. Khan certainly knows how to manoeuvere himself into big fights despite him constantly losing almost everytime he steps up.

He has also played Hearn and Brook like small dogs in a handbag.

For that I give him respect