Crawford VS. Spence

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by lepinthehood, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Tomato(e) Can

Tomato(e) Can Emmanuel Dapidran Pacquiao. banned Full Member

Feb 19, 2018
    :lol:

2. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Wasn't a headbutt! Look closer at the video. Infact, Spence got caught in that exchange too. But, you are right! Crawford is the best in the division and nipping at the heels of Loma. I believe if Crawford beats a top welter impressively, he will be #1. He just might be 1 now! Almost too close to call.

3. DonnyMo

DonnyMo Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2011
    I don't think anyone in the division is beating Crawford. Spence is too linear, not quick enough to be dangerous and somewhat predictable. Crawford would have his mind spinning early. Spence's an outstanding WW but I'm not 100% convinced he gets past Thurman let alone Crawford.

4. BUDW

BUDW Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Spence wins a spirited fight ud

5. Cafe

Cafe Sitzpinkler Full Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Crawford for me.

6. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2018
    Only person I see beating Crawford is Yeleussinov, at least comfortably anyways. Spence may edge Crawford out, but I don't see it.

What I'm still confused about in the Spence vs Crawford matchup is...who's the one coming forward? Both fight similarly, they both wait for their opponent to do something and counter. I suppose Spence is the more likely of the two, he'll probably just throw 1 million jabs as usual.

Problem is for me, if Spence sits back it'll be really cagey because Crawford will stick to his gameplan. And if he comes forward, he will fall into traps and the excellent timing of Crawford. That's why I see this being a snoozefest personally. Neither man will want to take risks, I can see this coming from a mile off.

I see this being a nightmare for Spence. Crawford has a slight reach advantage which he can use to cancel out Spence's slight size and height advantage. Crawford has better timing, so if it's cagey as I suspect, he'll edge Spence out. If Spence comes forward, Crawford will know how to deal with that because that's what he'll have trained for. That will fall into Crawford's hands, he'll catch Spence clean too much.

Remember Crawford is very difficult to land to the body on. Spence's game is well balanced between body and head, how will he deal with having to focus mainly on Crawford's head?

All this makes up for a dull fight, I'm sure of it.

7. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Spence v Crawford would be a great fight. Crawford is technically better but Spence has obvious power, size and stamina advantage.
    2 p4p top 10 fighters. would love to see this. but boxing politics being what it is i'm not hopeful.

8. deyell

deyell MOLECULE FROM HELL. Full Member

Aug 10, 2015
    This fight will be close. Crawford would probably outbox Spence by a small margain. The question is who will be favored by the judges.

9. RingKing75

RingKing75 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Dec 23, 2013
    The heads clearly clash bro. If you want to debate that Spence was already turning the tide before the injury thats a thin but fair debate.

Ph33rknot likes this.
  10. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Crawford will be rightfully favored by oddsmakers

Ph33rknot likes this.
  11. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    said it once will say it again moment bother Spence and this bud can move

RingKing75 likes this.
  12. elmaldito

Jun 11, 2009
    Two underrated fighters in this forum

Staminakills likes this.
  13. Ph33rknot

Mar 5, 2012
    i had both in my top 5 till Spence fought mikey

14. elmaldito

Jun 11, 2009
    Me to
    But to rank canelo with two real champions the caliber of Spence and Crawford is insane. A manufactured champ vs real champs. What a joke. Head to head the bothe beat canelo at any weight with whatever peds that clown wants to use. Skill matters.

15. Ph33rknot

Mar 5, 2012
    don't have canelo in my top 5 but he smashes them both canelo is underrated skill wise Spence especially