Crawford vs Trinidad

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by RJJFan, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    He must think height equals skill. Pretty soon he will tell you that Sebastian Fundora the 6’6” super welterweight is a fair comparison to Anthony Joshua. I mean they are both 6’6” after all...

Jackman65 likes this.
  2. SquaredCircle

SquaredCircle Active Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Crawford probably has more ripples to his game than De La Hoya, but he wouldn't be capable of fighting a very effective movement-oriented fight at range like De La Hoya was. He's too short and too small. Trinidad would walk him down and find him with his more compact punches. Crawford, fighting a backfoot style, would also have to jump in to get within range a lot - and when he does that, he has a habit of throwing wide and leaving himself vulnerable to counters. Stoppage or at the very least, a very clear decision where Crawford hits the deck at least once.

amunz81 likes this.
  3. wutang

wutang Active Member Full Member

Mar 10, 2012
    I'm not sure Crawford has the footwork to befuddle Trinidad. I can't see switching stances and throwing out probing jabs for 30 seconds at a time being very effective against Tito. If he gets into a firefight it doesn't end well either, he doesn't have the pop to keep Trinidad honest. Trinidad is an atg at 47, he was the longest reigning champion at welterweight and he was a big one at that. I think Crawford is the more technical of the two, but I don't see this match going his way. I'd take Trinidad by stoppage.

4. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Crawford has fought how many punchers exactly?

Gamboa was a puncher down at his natural weight but not up at 135 and against a natural 147. That being said, he was still able to hurt the 7lb heavier Crawford badly with a solitary right hand.

Egis can bang but he's C level and he dropped and hurt him.

John Molina? C level even when in his prime and he was way past his prime by then.

Who else?

The only question here is what row would Tito knock his head into with that horrific left hook of his.

Jackman65 likes this.
  5. Salty Dog

Salty Dog My name is Buck and I'm here to... Full Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Seems like you'd have to give Tito the edge based on resume, but to my eyeball it's a pretty even matchup.

Reinhardt likes this.
  6. 22JM

22JM Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Prime Trinidad stops every current ww .

7. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    45 secs. in Round 1

8. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Tito crawford is someone I hold in high regards but he hasn't done much

9. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    This.

10. Pepsi Dioxide

Pepsi Dioxide Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 22, 2020
    Crawford is going to be rethinking his life decisions when Tito lands the first solid shot. Trinidad by KO.

11. Zhuge Liang

Zhuge Liang Active Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2018
    I was a fan of DLH. Trust me, Tito was really great, really strong. His power and boxing ability is sick.

12. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    TC can't 'easily do' what Oscar did because they fight nothing alike, nor does TC have Oscar's size.

HellSpawn86 likes this.
  13. SpeedKills

SpeedKills Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 7, 2009
    If you say so.

14. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    Crawford finds a way to win this fight. Winky beat Felix but he was probably bigger than Crawford. He couldn’t punch like Crawford.

I’m too lazy but wish someone would post a Crawford vs Winky Wright poll. I got Winky in that one.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  15. SpeedKills

SpeedKills Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Why I mentioned Postols height. Fanboys will be imagining Trinidad like he’s Klitschko size next to Crawford. It’s also a fight showing Crawford use the style I think he’d use vs Trinidad. And he did it against a long range fighter in Postol, whereas Tito is usually leading with his head forward looking for hooks. He wouldn’t have to jump in at all. Crawford has longer reach and he uses long punches and counters much better than Oscar who relies a lot on ambushing with combos to score. Trinidad would be the one trying to come at Crawford anyway and get manuevered around and picked at with counter’s and bodyshots. If Camacho can neutralize and walk Trinidad into shots and even stun him, the taller, longer, stronger, vastly more dangerous (i.e punch variety and power) Crawford can outbox him from the outside. You can befuddle Trinidad and he’ll stay befuddled all night. All he has in this bout is his power.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020