Craziest or Stupidest You've Heard Non-Boxing Fans Say About Boxing

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by sweetsci, Jun 10, 2019.

1. KuRuPT

KuRuPT Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Is that the craziest thing you've ever heard. In a boxing ring, that's pretty crazy, in a street fight, that's not at all crazy

lloydturnip and KasimirKid like this.
  2. surfinghb

surfinghb Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 26, 2017
    Great call BIT .. Totally forgot about him in the other thread as well, best athlete. he has to be in the convo. or close to it

3. BitPlayerVesti

BitPlayerVesti Boxing Drunkie Full Member

Oct 28, 2017
    Bruce Lee never fought competitively in anything to any level, and is tiny compared to Ali.

He was basically a movie star and conceptual martial artist.

4. roughdiamond

roughdiamond Ridin' the rails... Full Member

Jul 25, 2015
    What, a 135lb martial artist vs a 200+lb world heavyweight champion isn't crazy?

5. ChrisJS

ChrisJS Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Tons. I’ll just give some examples.

Tyson is the best ever nobody could beat him

Ali was the hardest puncher in history. An old co-worker of mine swore Ali was his idol and that he knew boxing and said Ali is the best at everything.

Mayweather is the best ever and that Boxrec all-time ranking is 100% accurate because it’s an unbiased computer. Actually this was “boxing fans” but I classify them more as Mayweather fans than boxing fans.

Canelo is the greatest Mexican ever.

Had one dumbass arguing over the Golovkin-Canelo I decision saying that Canelo knocked him out. Not just won on points which would be bad enough but KO’d GGG. Very confusing.

Naseem Hamed is the best Featherweight ever.

Lomachenko is ducking Crawford and Canelo.

Gatti is the best white fighter ever.

What I’ve generally found is that boxing invites dumber opinions than most sports and the dumber and less informed a person is the louder and more adamant they are about their opinion.

Barm, NullaLexInk, Levook and 6 others like this.
  6. Flash24

Flash24 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    The craziest one I've heard from a local boxing "fan" is how Mayweather Jr, would've defeated M.Tyson at a local sports bar. I didn't need to say anything because almost everyone sitting at the bar went completely bonkers to the point of embarrassing him . Yet, he tried to explain himself.

7. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I've found that Boxing is a bigger sport than most. So there are more dumb opinions

Richard M Murrieta likes this.
  8. expljose

expljose Active Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2013
    at the bar one night trying to get a boxing convo going ..

me - "man Tyson ..Tyson was special " ..

drunk dude - "he was from Easton" ..

me "how bout them steelers this year huh?!" ..

smh changed that crap off real quick lmfao

9. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    Fury beat a prime Klitschko (mate from School)

Nobody below SMW beats a prime Mayweather (my dad)

Manny Pacquiao was unbeatable in his prime (guy at the pub)

Pacquiao vs Marquez 4 was a dive (same guy)

Mike Tyson was never world level (same guy)

10. ChrisJS

ChrisJS Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Oh I forgot one absolute dandy at work. When Marquez beat Pacquaio by KO there were two Pacquaio fans (one guy who’s Guatamalen and hates Mexicans) claimed it was a fix so that Marquez could get the belt. Of course there was no belt too haha. One of those guys said matter of fact my that the top two boxers of all-time were Tyson and Pacquaio because they were unbeatable and nobody could ever beat them.

11. swagdelfadeel

swagdelfadeel Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 30, 2014
    You want your answer, just look at some of the posts on this forum. :lol:

12. KuRuPT

Aug 26, 2011
    LOL... So you have no idea about Bruce Lee then. Cool. Please read up on the man if you think he was just a movie star. He was doing Gracie Dojo challenges years before they did. He was one of the first to incorporate grappling into his striking repertoire, and showcased them in his movies.

The problem with people who mostly know about boxing, and are rather pedestrian in the knowledge about other combat sports, always seem to think Boxing with prevail in a fight against other marital artists. What has been proven over time when these matches have occurred, the boxers usually lose and it's generally because they aren't used to taking kicks and grappling. It's foreign universe to them. Yet somebody who's a kickboxer... is punching as foreign to them as kicking is to a boxer? Not even close. If somebody is training in combat sambo, is striking as foreign to them as grappling is to a boxer? Not even close.

Point is, could Ali beat Bruce Lee in a street fight... it's possible.... but he could also be chopped down and taken down and look just like the other boxers who tried to fight a more well rounded fighter.

13. KuRuPT

Aug 26, 2011

Read my post above. They've done these types of matches.... Boxer against _____ and almost every time, they've lost and lost convincingly. People literally have no clue the difference it makes when you can kick somebody. Boxers have ZERO idea how to defend against it, and once they take one leg kick, it makes them timid and the more they take the less power it has and the more it's in their head. Yes, it's absolutely NOT one of the craziest things I've ever heard. Please don't talk about size, when people understand grappling and leverage, they can beat and take down men much bigger than them. Especially ones who have no idea how to defend against it. I can't believe all these things are new concepts to you? We've seen that in grappling size can often be negated by technique and leverage. Marcelo won the absolute class one year and go the finals another, and routinely beat men who outweighed him by around that margin. These are men who are IN a grappling tourney who EXPONENTIALLY know more about grappling and leverage than Ali would, and he was still beating them. Yet I'm supposed to find it impossible than a totally rookie when it comes to MMA is a sure fire lock to beat someone vastly more versed in a variety of arts... nah.

This is generally the type of talk you see on boxing forums. Then when you ask to compare the results of boxers who've tried it against other artists... and the results are decidedly one way.... They still refuse to accept it.

14. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    A girl called Morgan didn't know who Muhammad Ali was

15. Ken Ashcroft

Ken Ashcroft Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Someone once asked me if I thought Sylvester Stallone could have been world heavyweight champion if he gave up acting and became a real boxer?

J Jones, NullaLexInk, Levook and 7 others like this.