Craziest or Stupidest You've Heard Non-Boxing Fans Say About Boxing

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by sweetsci, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Seamus

Seamus Proud Kulak Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    I remember Johnny Carson (give me back my cane) asking him if he would do well against a club fighter. Sly said, No way. I'm a pro actor. Those guys are pros at fighting... To paraphrase.

So at least Sly knew what was up.

2. GoldenHulk

GoldenHulk Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 7, 2007
    That Royce Gracie challenged Mike Tyson and would have beaten him had they fought. Stupid MMA fans believing that MMA fighters are superior to championship caliber boxers.

lloydturnip likes this.
  3. Greb & Papke 707

Greb & Papke 707 Active Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2019
    I had a girl I was talking to at a bar, a fight was on, it was on Friday night fights or something on espn, don’t ask me who fought, this was about 9 years ago, anyway she made a statement like, how could anyone be hurt , they have pillows on There hands and I’ve never been hurt during a pillow fight........needles to say i moved seats and I drank a **** ton after hearing that Einstein make her statement ....

4. sweetsci

sweetsci Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 22, 2008
    It's been decades since I've been in a pillow fight, but I don't recall pillows being taped to fists and then punching people with the pillow'd fists. Any more than seeing a boxing match in which fighters swung loose boxing gloves at their opponents.
    A friend of mine got ahold of some business cards that simply said "Stop talking." Sounds like Miss Einstein could've used one.
    "707" - are you in Northern California?

5. lets_go_champ

lets_go_champ Never give up, you can do it! Full Member

Jun 9, 2019
    I'd like to think there were chairs and beers flying everywhere while that dude was in a fetal position on the ground apologizing.

NullaLexInk likes this.
  6. Greb & Papke 707

Greb & Papke 707 Active Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2019
    Yessir I am

lloydturnip likes this.
  7. mrkoolkevin

mrkoolkevin Never wrestle with pigs or argue with fools Full Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Unlike Michael B. Jordan, who thinks he could take Roy Jones now (got into an argument with a casual fan over this).

Richard M Murrieta likes this.
  8. expljose

expljose Active Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Bruce lee bruce lee bruce lee...they wont mention how gene lebell wrapped him up like a pretzel and made him squeal...there hasnt been a story like bruce lees since jesus

9. GoldenHulk

Jan 7, 2007
    I like Bruce Lee a lot, Enter the Dragon is the best martial arts film ever made IMO. But, I remember watching a video of Lee hitting a heavybag, and he was just simply flailing away at it, I couldn't believe it at the time, because I thought such a skliied fighter, would be hitting and moving, at least getting in a rythym. It looked like you took a kid put some gloves on his hands and he goes windmilling at a heavybag.

10. GoldenHulk

Jan 7, 2007
    Oh and lets not forget the bodybuilding crowd, I remember on a BB forum one guy saying after him and his friends saw Pumping Iron in 1977, they were debating the next day if Arnold Schwarzeneger could beat up Muhammad Ali lol.

11. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Tbf in 77 I'd make Arnold favourite

12. expljose

expljose Active Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Lmao you wrong for this

13. young griffo

young griffo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2006
    But what was Bruce Lee’s fight record?

Was he ever filmed having a real fight?

Did he actually ever have a real fight?

Fair enough if they’re trained and competing grapplers and MMA fighters but Lee wasn’t. He never had a recorded or legitimate fight. His whole reputation is based on a thousand fairy tales.

The only fight that I’ve heard about him having was in the gym against Wong Man Jack and there’s that many disputed versions of what happened there that it’s hard to place any worth on Lee as a fighter on the back of it.

I have seen Lee punching the heavy bag and his technique is not great at all, in fact it sucks.

14. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    A few years back when we still wore the headguards in the amateurs some people I know (who have never boxed) called me a p**** and said it wouldn't hurt.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  15. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Friend of mine was sure McG would KO Floyd. First time I was cheering for Floyd, and won some money too ;)