Critique on matt work?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by padthai1, Jun 7, 2023.

1. padthai1

padthai1 New Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2023
    Hi,
    I just finished my trip in Thailand. Last days I thought well... I did almost anything, except hitting some pads with a PROfessional boxer.
    He corrected me here and there on technique, but I would like to hear some more thoughts about what I can be doing better, or what I do good and should keep doing.
    Thanks!
    This content is protected

2. MAD_PIGE0N

MAD_PIGE0N ... banned Full Member

Sep 3, 2022
    What I can tell from a little over than 2 minutes video is the following, but know that it's not too big - you look very decent in what you are doing:
    1. You often straighten your front leg - that is wrong, it can even be dangerous
    2. Sometimes you are either flat-footed or you are stepping on your heel with the front leg
    3. Try to always keep your chin down, because you sometimes stand as a karateka
    I hope that was helpful, it is my single intention.

3. Justchris17

Justchris17 Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2016

Did you actually do a boxing holiday to Thailand or a Thai boxing holiday that you just done a couple rounds on the pads with a pro boxer?

I would love this type of holiday for purely boxing

4. Kura

Kura New Member Full Member

Apr 13, 2023
    No real exit after combos and if you do step back you do it in a manner where both feet are shoulderwide it wouldnt be bad if you keept moving lateraly but you did'nt , like other dude pointed out you step with your heel first , Hands are good but footwork needs more practice.

5. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    It depends on why u arr asking.
    If you are wanting to just hit pads for the rest of your life then decide if u want to work on technique or fitness, what would be my 1st suggestion.
    If its boxing you are wanting to improve on then get yourself to a boxing gym