crocop: "I will destroy my english shame"

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by boxingcar, Jun 17, 2007.

1. boxingcar

boxingcar Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 5, 2005
    "I will destroy my "english shame". I want to win and I don't care against
    whom i fight. I am full of motivation.." Mirko told "Nova TV" (in English "New TV" Croatian Tv
    station) via a telephone interview.

"I am training every morning from 6:30 to 9:00 o'clock. Thats one thing I learnt from my
    loss in Manchester. Obviously, theres no summer vacations for me this year.
    I will train without a break"

http://www.jutarnji.hr/sport/borilacki_sportovi/clanak/art-2007,5,22,,75542.jl
    CROCOP
    ----------------------------------------

(other translation from different source)
    ps: He actualy said that he decided to train every morning from 6:30 to 9 to "punish" himself
    for loss. And that he will become UFC champion and then retire from ring (cage).

2. boxingcar

Oct 5, 2005
    btw , as far as i'm concerned (and this is coming from a crocop fan)...I'll believe this **** once the fight will be over and He'll give his post interview after KOing his opponent in a brutal fashion.

apart from that;..He can go **** himself!

3. scurlaruntings

scurlaruntings ESB 2002 Club Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Well i wouldnt be that harsh on him we all know his one of the most talented fighters on the planet theres no questioning that at all.But Crop every now and then gets caught in his own hype and his arrogance comes to the fore.Im pretty sure if he fought Gonzaga again the result would certainly be diffrent. The only problem now is that some of Cro Cops myth as a stone cold killer has been tarnished since the OWGP.

4. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
  5. boxingcar

Oct 5, 2005
    You don't know how it felt...GG KOing crocop via HK...I was more than pissed. I actually had to take a break from mma for a while because I was totally disgusted.

It's not just about crocop losing..it's HOW He lost..and especially how MEDIOCRE He looked that night. when one of your fav fighters pulls that type of ****..You dont just feel betrayed but even insulted..

It's like Having a prime Michael Jordan playing like Manute bol in the finals..

6. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    Hey man, you got to give GG his credit. He beat him at everything. It wasn't no one kick fluke. Cro was just bested.

7. Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky Hardcore......to the max! Full Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Mirko's achilles heel is that he gets cocky and underestimates opponents that he perceives to be 2nd class.
    GG and the 1st randleman fight are examples of this.

But when CC is on fire he's really on fire. If the OWGP Mirko turns up then he can beat anyone in the world (yes that includes fedor)

8. boxingcar

Oct 5, 2005
    don't get me wrong...that was NO fluke. Gonzaga just did what he had to do. He trained for it.
    Just like Randleman did in 2004 (no fluke either)...

That's not the problem...the problem is with Filipovic Himself.
    he used to have the same problem in K1 too..
    He's the type of guy who can pull some incredible moves and be ultra dangerous for anyone...But whenever he's "off"....He's extremely imprevisible and can get owned by anyone.

and the worst thing is that you can't even blame fast KO losses as "lucky" shots or flukes or whaveter you wanna call them...

He's a huge egomaniac...

9. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    For someone of Cros style being off or lacking focus or anticipation for danger is a mess. He wants to strike and get you out of there. Unlike a Fedor, who gets tangled up in messy situations many times but has no issue with them and simply adapts. For someone of Cros ilk it means an entire fight can go wrong.

He'll be back hopefully. All thats happen is he's lost his invincible spark (which shouldn't really have been there) and we've gained a new potential star in GG.

10. Duende

Duende Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2004
    I'm a Crocop fan myself and I think he got owned in that fight bigtime. I was disappointed as well but Boxingcar is going a little overboard here. The guy suffered a huge loss and was injured badly and he could use the support of his fans. I think it's terrible to underestimate your opponent like that (or he was too nervous) but one can have a night off. And with Mirko it happens too many times but he gives great fights in return to make up for his losses. I hope he comes back stronger.

11. RUSKULL

RUSKULL VIP Member banned

Dec 17, 2004
    Mirko will be back. Just a wakeup call is 'all................

12. ufoalf

ufoalf Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Yea, pretty loud call too, i bet its still ringing in his left ear.