Crocop vs Fedor on NYE (according to dana white)

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by boxingcar, Aug 20, 2007.

1. boxingcar

boxingcar Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 5, 2005
    more rumors...

http://www.net.hr/sport/page/2007/08/20/0037006.html
    President of UFC is in negotiations with russian fighter transitioning in octogon. He dreams about a fight between Filipovic and Emilianenko. The russian fighter would have to do a couple of promotional/warm-up fights

Dana White, the head person of UFC, has kidnapped from japanese PRIDE (guess the writer of the article does not know about UFC buying PRIDE) another "big fish". Under the wing of UFC came Wanderlei Silva, but his biggest wish is to bring world HW champion Fedor Emilianenko.

The negotiations with russian fighter are still ongoing (big news...), but the president of UFC has a grand plan in the making. The fight of all fights. A duel between Mirko Cro Cop and Emilianenko on NYE.

"I'd like to see that, as do all hard core fans. But the fans of UFC do not know about Fedor, which means i would have to present him to the audience and market him. You cant say "Fedor is here", open the doors and except for people to show up. It doesn't work that way" said White to reporter of Yahoo sports (guess that's their source).

The president of UFC has made it clearly that the russian bear, when and if he signs, will do a couple of warm-up fights so the american crowd can get to know him.

"I've had to promote Cro Cop too. Za something like that we need time. When you present him, then you can make BIG fights".

2. Boyd

Boyd Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2006
    we may find out this saturday if there's any truth to this.

3. ufoalf

ufoalf Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2007
    I'll believe it when i see it.

4. jimmie

jimmie Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Pretty pointless right now.

5. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Why?

Cro has just lost and Fedor beat him convincingly.

Waste of time and nothing but a risk for Fedor. An unnecessary risk.

6. Axe

Axe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 23, 2005
    Let's see how CroCop fares after his last brutal loss. If he doesn't show his stuff in his next fight, it might be time to retire. If he wins big again, I for one would definitely be down for a Fedor-CroCop rematch, as would all hardcore MMA fans. :good

7. rushman

rushman Devoid is Devoid Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    I can't see much point in it either. Surely there are other people around for Fedor to beat up?

8. ufoalf

ufoalf Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Seriously, CC's only chance is to catch Fedor. He's not going to convincingly beat him. CC's a striker and still got out struck by Fedor... I'd rather see Fedor-Couture.

9. jimmie

Jul 19, 2004
    Yeah why beat the same guys over and over ? Id rather see Fedor fight Josh Barnett,Randy Couture or Gab Gonzaga **** Cro Cop when he avenges that so called fluke (you know the one where he got taken down,elbowed pretty good and brutally KOed with his own weapon)

10. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    Cros chance is to strike him out but if you are going to take that risk why choose someone like Cro. For all his flaws if Cro does strike he can cause hurt, Fedor knows this. I see no upside to be honest.

Fedor v the loser of Couture-Gonzaga is more interesting.

11. acb

acb De Camaguey... Gavilan Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    And furthermore, if Fedor does beat Cop now you have this supposed new hot commodity in UFC (Cop) with a 1-2 record in the octagon.

12. Beebs

Beebs Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Wouldn't be all bad from the UFC's perspective, you resign him to a much, much cheaper deal, and have 2 "new" guys making their name off of him.

13. theunderdog

theunderdog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 4, 2006
    i'll believe it when it's signed. i've learned from the recent iceman-wanderlei mess

14. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    True.

Fedor would also look like the number 2 heavy. Couture is the champ and Gonzaga had just brutalised the man Fedor beat (Cro).

Thats not right, because everyone knows Fedor is the best heavyweight in the world on paper.

I'm sure the UFC are brighter than to make this fight. To be honest they'll plug it hard and I will watch because Cro is a good fighter but ultimately I don't think it fits in nicely to what should be happening in the game.

I'd prefer Fedor v Silva, Henderson, Jackson or Liddell. New opponents who add to his legacy in some way. Cro lost clearly, he needs to earn a rematch and he hasn't done that.

15. jimmie

Jul 19, 2004
    Wow u want Fedor to fight more Light Heavyweights why ? Why arent u calling for a Josh Barnett fight ?