Crolla - Friday night and future?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Journey Man, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Someone get Kalle on the phone..hopefully he won’t be too fcuked up on the beak.

Jurgen likes this.
  2. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I thought there was absolutely nothing Crolla could do with the skill set he possesses. He was completely out of his depth. What I did note, and this is totally subjective was that the decisive shot that bingo’d Crolla wasn’t particularly venomous. His punch resistance looks like it’s gone now...that or he’s boiling himself down too much to make the weight. I’m taking nothing away from Loma, he’s amazing.

3. hitandhope

hitandhope Well-Known Member Full Member

May 2, 2009
    Would be nice to have an exhibition type fight against a journeyman to say goodbye but Crolla’s well past it and needs to avoid any punchers. Hope that finishing punch wasn’t on the point where he had his skull broken.

4. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Maybe not overly venomous twenty, however Crolla never seen it coming and it connected well. Would have stopped a lot of guys.

Sphillips and Twentyman like this.
  5. snake-hips

snake-hips Active Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Read a few comments beforehand about how great Crolla was looking but I thought he looked weight drained and really drawn.

He was a massive underdog but he didn't really have a single moment of success.
    I didn't get the impression in the buildup that he really thought he had any chance.

thinkmhe should retire now.

6. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    You're like the Bloody Mary of PPV. If its mentioned by anyone in a thread you appear.

Sphillips and Jurgen like this.
  7. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I think this is what’s going to happen. 12 round pillow fight against a non puncher to go out with. Gives Eddie another Saturday night fight on sky too.

Jurgen likes this.
  8. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Nothing better than a rogering of PPV mugths to get the day started

9. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Yeah I agree with your plan point, they spoke about flaws they were going to expose but there was no gameplan at all that I could notice. He was in his shell and would fire a few pitter pat punches to try and warn Loma off but nothing in his mannerisms looked like someone trying to win.

Would Crolla Vs Flannegan do Manchester Arena? I know Crolla can drive up interest but how much of a name is Terry in those parts? Despite being a blue he's never sold many tickets in Manchester on his own. Still, I suppose if it did 10,000 they'd both get a decent 6 figure sum.

im sparticus likes this.
  10. Shakermaker

Shakermaker Active Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2019
    Think he went into his shell and looked completely overwhelmed by the occasion, although no matter what it would of been a similar outcome IMO. As a massive Crolla fan i’d like him to have one last night at the MEN. Vs Flanagan ideally and then retire.

11. Judge 1

Judge 1 Member Full Member

Apr 10, 2017
    The game plan from Gallagher was the worst I’ve ever seen in boxing and how many times has Gallagher let his fighters go on instead of pulling his fighter out it’s all well and good having a brave coach but would Gallagher like his son to take that sort of punishment ?

12. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Not sure being a ‘blue’ will help given their stadium is always half empty. Besides, they’d rather spend a fortune supporting boxing superstars than support one of their own.

13. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    That's what I meant - Hatton had a solid football following and being around the same weight you'd think he'd be the natural progression.

Edit - despite obviously being significantly worse than ricky.

14. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    No blame on crollas part. Nothing he could have done really. Lomachenko just too good for him on pretty much all levels. These guys like lomachenko and usyk are really difficult guys to fight....not only because of their high skill level but their gameplans have been well thought out when they,ve been building them. Their skills for all to see....but also get you working and have a much better stamina tank than most opponents. Your stuck between a rock and a hard placeplace IMO. Back off they,ll break you down. Fight them and they,ll tire you out before breaking you down.

Think Gallagher over thinks it sometimes with his fighters though. For me going in with crolla as your fighter against lomachenko. Its got to be all about working on throwing that one big punch. The lucky shot almost. No other real chance against lomachenko fighting him as crolla. Crolla doesn't hit very hard....but anyone's capable of throwing a knockout counterPunch once in a blue moon. Was probably his best shot as opposed to trying to give nothing away. Lomachenkos too good for that. He,ll just break you down.

15. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    It was a crap joke - sorry :lol:

Journey Man likes this.