Crowds allowed back at sporting events

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    London being in tier 2 means they should be allowed 2000 fans in attendance from December?

Could be a small crowd at Joshua v Pulev then?

Holler likes this.
  2. TBooze

TBooze Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Very small, as the 2,000 comes for outdoor stadia.

3. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Yes the Mail are reporting that Joshua vs Pulev will have a crowd. Small steps but good news. If I were them I'd look to moving it to a small venue to generate a bit of an atmosphere with that crowd.

4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    It would be great if they took it to York Hall, Bethnal Green.

DJN16, Time Na Wait, zulander and 2 others like this.
  5. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    And then the people in attendance wouldn’t be socially distanced, defeating the object of the whole thing.

DJN16, Scissors, Time Na Wait and 3 others like this.
  6. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Watching the Davis v Leo Santa Cruz brought home what a difference a crowd makes. Hope there's at least some at the upcoming events.

BoxingABC1 likes this.
  7. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    Cornwall and the isle of wight to become the fight capitals of the UK then

8. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    The crowd reaction was the best thing about that KO, missed that roar so much

Gatekeeper and Holler like this.
  9. Who_Necks

Who_Necks David Price's Big Suit Full Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Think they will be allowed 1000 fans now for it so I'm presuming Hills will charge 10k per ticket and make himself a million and still charge the working class an extra £5 for the ppv from 'loss of gate'.
    Dubois vs Joyce has no gate its a 50/50 and its on standard BT for FREE.
    AJ vs 40 year old Pulev is a mismatch mandatory defence 2 years after originally being scheduled and we get the privilege of trying to be charged £25 for it.
    Sky and Matchroom are common criminals using excuseses to fleece fans out of more money.
    I personally will be a very keen angler that evening and will still not really enjoy watching a mismatch for free, especially with octopus Okoli and The Skirt on the undercard im sure it will be painful viewing for all.
    Don't take the sky excuses for the price increase. They were going to charge us the same for Povetkin vs Whyte 2 aswell and I'm sure Katie Taylor will be PPV at £25 next year.
    The Casuals will make sure of that.

Gatekeeper and Jurgen like this.
  10. p a bisson

p a bisson New Member Full Member

Nov 21, 2020
    Not paying for Aj vs Pulev...not worth it ...could have made a case for it at 20.00..but the extra means i wont...going to join Dazn...think initially might be a new Box Nation but i dont expect it to last and expect to be paying 10.00 within a couple of weeks...dont mind that so much if it brings in the american fights like Canillo and GG...PPV is getting out of my reach as at 73 I have to be careful with the pennies..it looks as though all decent fights on Sky will go to ppv and this will mean i cancel my sky sports and concentrate on Fite and Dazn...It has always semed funny to me that hearn has never explored a stand alone channel on sky ..sky to me is not a viable proposition as i only like boxing...i love boxing but with things like they are virus people losing there jobs etc seems like these promoters dont seem to care...Im new on here and i dont want to upset people and im just trying to get a fair deal for fans of what is a great sport

Jurgen likes this.
  11. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015

There's a bigger 'casual' multi sports fan market than just simply boxing if boxing was to go to its own smaller platforms it would die off and never get new fans.

These tiers are in until at least March so at least there can be some plans made for January/February fights and their locations

12. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    I hope those conservative *******s are ready for a reckoning at next Mays council elections and future elections.

As I will never forget what these ****ing ****s have done to our country over the last 9 months and counting. Over a ****ing sniffle, that even a fit grandma would shake off.

So they really must want to be hated and not be in power for another 20 years as I never forget.

Scissors likes this.
  13. Time Na Wait

Time Na Wait New Member banned Full Member

Nov 23, 2020
    It'll be interesting to see how much the tickets are