Cruiserweight and Heavyweight thread.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by houmzz, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Some which I brainstormed.

Oleg Maskaev - trainer Freddie Roach, promoter Bob Arum.

Timur Stark - trainer Ulli Wegner, promoter Sauerland.

Odlanier Solis - Teddy Altas, promoter Al Haymon.

Corrie Sanders - Kevin Cunningham, promoter Al Haymon.

2. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    Ivan Dychko
    Also Emmanuel Steward
    Bob Arum

I’m really curious what the hell Dychko is up to these days.

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  3. theanatolian

May 2, 2015
    Beat me to it.

Now I’ll go with:

Oscar Rivas
    Kronk Gym
    Sign with Arum 5 years earlier

Not only would Rivas have gotten a title shot years ago with a better promoter, grandpa Bob also wouldn’t let him get butt****ed like that by Hearn and Whyte.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  4. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Bryant Jennings post Klitschko was handled pretty badly and should never have jumped in with Ortiz so soon which virtually ended his career, now he gets used as an opponent. A move with uncle Al would have been better for him at the time but its too late now.

5. theanatolian

May 2, 2015
    People have been crazy in the last couple of years to discredit him to discredit Ortiz but Jennings 5 years ago was in the same position as fan favourite Michael Hunter is right now. I’ve been quoted here saying that Jennings from the Wlad and Ortiz fights would’ve beaten Joyce and Rivas and I stand by it.

UnleashtheFURY and Inglis_1 like this.
  6. Inglis_1

Aug 4, 2018
    Yup and I may be in the minority here, but I had him beating Rivas before the stoppage (might score it again one day) and I had him beating Joyce 114-113. He needed to rebuild after Klitschko but had his career virtually ended by taking the Ortiz fight straight after and hasn't been anywhere near the same since mainly because of poor promotion.

theanatolian likes this.
  7. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    He needs to get back into the ring. I want him active, I don't care if he fights 2 easy guys, as long as there is a top 30 type mixed in.

Aim for the highest ranked alphabet guy that is willing to fight him.

8. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    Arslanbek can rocket to the top. Great power he has.

Chuck Norris and Inglis_1 like this.
  9. Inglis_1

Aug 4, 2018
    Funnily enough as we are talking suitable promoters and trainers, can golden boy get him there? They don't really have a say in the HW division and he isn't Mexican either. I hope it works out but I don't know if golden boy are the right promoters for him.

Ivan28 likes this.
  10. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Carmen is my favorite spoiler for the Ruddock and Kean fights.

I think there is no chance whatsoever he spoils this, but I think it is a good opponent to get at this time and adds to other good wins over Peter, Rice, and Bergman.

velagod, ideafix12, Ivan28 and 3 others like this.
  11. pico11

pico11 New Member Full Member

Jun 20, 2018
    This content is protected

12. Big Ukrainian

Big Ukrainian Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Wow, incredibly quick right hand! Never seen (and never expected) a hand speed like that from Hrgovic. I know his opponent was awful, but still

Would love to see Hrgovic vs Makhmudov as soon as possible

13. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    Promoters cater to their fans. Right, Golden Boy can sign Arslanbek, but that doesn't mean they have lined up heavyweights for him. I doubt their fan base would have an interest in watching him over the Golden boy's stable of other fighters in the mid to lower weights.

Bob Arum, who's been promoting for years said, his dream is to find a really talented Latino Heavyweight. Latino's really did not like John Ruiz, and his boring style. Andy Ruiz had the keys to make a fortune. He ate himself out of contention. Mind your these two were born int he USA.

A Central America, or Caribbean born Latino talented heavyweight champion would be a giant in his home country. It might happen one day, but that person is going to need to fit into how the game has evolved. ie. He's going to need to be over 6'3" tall as most champions these day are around 6'5" or taller and that trend is not going away.

Chuck Norris likes this.
  14. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    I saw it. Hrgovic wasn't at his sharpest due to covid-19 icing boxing, but his power was certainly there.

Maybe his chin is so good that his philosophy and style is I'm going to get you, counters be damed, they don't bother me! He is very accurate with his punches, and that's important.

He has a quick step backward, and some head movement when he focuses on it. I think he needs to stay active every three months.

pico11 likes this.
  15. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    I agree Carmen is a fun domestic level guy. But was Ruddock really an upset?