Cruiserweight and Heavyweight thread.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by houmzz, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Curtis Lowe

Curtis Lowe Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 19, 2006
    What's up with this?

MarcelCerdan13 likes this.
  2. Soloman

Soloman Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Yes elaborate please

3. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    David Adeleye moves to 4-0 after a 2nd round TKO win over Danny Whitaker. Mitchell Barton also won in his pro debut with a points victory over Matt Gordon.

4. DanielDimov

DanielDimov Jabbing all night Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Wasn't he involved in some kind of trafficking or smth like this?

5. Bigcheese

Bigcheese Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2015
    It's a shame Majidov waited so long, I truly believe he could have been a great Heavyweight

Perkin Warbeck likes this.
  6. Inglis_1

Aug 4, 2018
    Justis Huni moves to 2-0 after a 4th round stoppage win over Arsene Fosso.

7. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    WBA order Shumenov vs Merhy.

Kamshybek Kunkabayev will face Serhiy Radchenko on December 18th.

Sandman_ and Inglis_1 like this.
  8. Inglis_1

Aug 4, 2018
    I'd still have Parker ahead of him at this stage but only due to experience. Could well see them fight down the line some time in some sort of passing of the torch type of fight and I do think that Huni will have a more successful career than Parker. Good to see Lonergan pushing him at a good pace as well, similar to what he did with Parker when he was more involved with him.

Having just watched Huni v Fosso, what a horrendous stoppage! One of the worst I've seen! Yes Huni was winning comfortably and was showing off his slickness both in and out of the pocket and on defence, but there's no way that should have been stopped!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    Sandman_ and kostya by ko like this.
  9. Inglis_1

Aug 4, 2018
    And on Huni aka the juice on the loose eh @Sandman_ ;), interesting to see that he chose Lonergan over Hearn and Dana White (weirdly enough). Good choice imo. Lonergan will put a lot of focus into him and move him quickly where as Hearn would have him fighting low level opposition on US undercards and Hearn wouldn't take much of an interest in him as he isn't British and probably doesn't have enough social media followers.

Sandman_ likes this.
  10. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I hate to be critical of a referee who stops a fight early b/c the biggest blight on the sport is letting a bloke take more punishment than he should, but I agree. The stoppage was premature. Arsene had obviously prepared hard for the fight & while he wasn't winning rounds he was still a force to be reckoned with at the time of the stoppage. I also think Justis Huni would have benefited from being able to do a couple more rounds with him.

I'm trying to take some positives out of it for Arsene - he fought strongly while it lasted (albeit without winning a round), didn't sustain an injury or any real damage & probably represents better value in terms of Olympics preparation than any of Justis Huni's other scheduled opponents. Meaning he might get another chance in a rematch next year.

Edit - Apparently the corner was about to stop it anyway. If you watch the replay, the towel comes in as the ref waves it off. Can't really complain about a ref or corner putting the safety of a fighter first.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    Inglis_1 likes this.
  11. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    He's obviously not everyone's cup of tea, but I really like Dean Lonergan as a promoter. I think he's a great fit for Justis Huni. He did an excellent job in developing both Jeff Horn & Joseph Parker, is based in Queensland & has good contacts in the Qld government. He's also friendly with Bob Arum so the opportunity to get Justis Huni fights in the US will also be there. Lonergan also understands that developing fighters properly costs money so the sooner they get to a stage where they are generating money in big fights rather than consuming it, the better for all concerned.

Inglis_1 and kostya by ko like this.
  12. Inglis_1

Aug 4, 2018
    Lonergan's fine. Good to see him signing other Aussie talent as well and putting more time into the sport. I also hear that Huni is having a fight in February in Townsville before fighting Herman Ene Purcell in March? No idea who they'll line up for him? Maybe one of the old fellas like Tupou or Haumono or maybe Goodall/Terzievski? @juppity any truth to Huni fighting in Feb?

juppity and Sandman_ like this.
  13. Inglis_1

Aug 4, 2018
    Cassius Chaney will face Jason Bergman in an 8 rounder on December 12.

Chuck Norris likes this.
  14. Inglis_1

Aug 4, 2018
    Vlad Sirenko will face Kostiantyn Dovbyshchenko in a scheduled 12 rounder on December 13.

Chuck Norris likes this.