Cruiserweight and Heavyweight thread.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by houmzz, Aug 21, 2014.

1. kostya by ko

kostya by ko Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2005
    I kind of remember watching that fight. Without revisiting it ... as I remember he was doing pretty well against Schwarz before he got himself disqualified.

catchwtboxing likes this.
  2. LongJohn

LongJohn Member Full Member

Jan 5, 2018
    This content is protected

Dmitry Kudryashov Vs Evgeny Romanov May 21 for WBC Silver Bridgerweight title. Interesting fight minus the useless title

BeantownAll, Ivan28, Surrix and 5 others like this.
  3. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    This content is protected

4. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    So probably best so say that fight won't be happening haha.

5. Chuck Norris

Aug 31, 2016
    Or maybe close to a deal.

Inglis_1 likes this.
  6. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Kudra has been such a disappointment. Cheers to him if he can straighten his career out in the eleventh hour, but I'll be rooting for Romanov, who has not had the same opportunities

7. Chuck Norris

Aug 31, 2016
    Trey Lippe will face Jason Bergman on the ESPN card. Sonny Conto will also appear against Waldo.

Efe, Anderson, Lippe and Conto is a good HW prospect card. It would be cool if Top Rank made a little tourney between those four.

8. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    I think the ship has sailed on Lippe going anywhere significant. I wanted and still want to believe. He had power, raw ability but any potential that may have been there is probably lost. He's had lots of injuries and no real momentum over the last 3-4 years. Hope I'm wrong here but it's probably not meant to be.

DanielDimov and Chuck Norris like this.
  9. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    There never was a ship.

10. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Maybe so. But if there was it has almost certainly sailed.

11. Inglis_1

Aug 4, 2018
    Jared Anderson will face Jeremiah Karpency in an 8 rounder on April 10 with Trey Lippe Morrison facing Jason Bergman, Sonny Conto facing Waldo Cortes Acosta and Jeremiah Milton facing Jayvone Dafney all on the same card as Efe Ajagba v Brian Howard.

12. IntentionalBrit

IntentionalBrit Member banned Full Member

Jan 24, 2021
    Where do we post about Bridgerweight?

13. Inglis_1

Aug 4, 2018
    Here haha

14. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Kudra is interesting to watch win he or loss. He does hits hard and even had get fight vs Dorticos where I had assumed that he will KTFO Dorticos but he get impressively destroyed.
    He is cool to watch for me.

Ivan28 likes this.
  15. BeantownAll

BeantownAll Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2018
    Karpency is no threat - but he has enough survival skills (read: holding his opponent) to probably get through a few rounds. Still, that's a pretty big step down from Ibeh.

Sonny Conto's opponent is a waste of time. If Sonny spends too much time fighting opponents of this caliber - he's at risk of getting a rude suprirse like another recent Philly prospect (Darmani Rock) when he finally steps up.

Brian Howard's 1st round KO of Carlos Negron was great...but he's 40 years old. He should have retired for his own sake after the beating he took from Sanchez. Ajagba's left and right hands have pretty big discrepancies in their effectiveness - but Howard probably won't go more than 3 or 4 rounds and they will be painful to watch.

Trey Lippe Morrisson has been spinning around in circles from promoter issues, trainer issues, and wrist injuries. Jason Bergman is picking up where the likes of Galen Brown left off and hasn't been useful since he took Rudenko the distance a couple years ago. Morrisson is rusty as hell, but he'll likely see Bergman off in a couple rounds. But that's not worth much.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    Chuck Norris and Inglis_1 like this.