Cruiserweight and Heavyweight thread.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by houmzz, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Boxing aficionado banned Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    Otto Wallin is scheduled to fight TBA on January 20, 2023.

If they can find a decent opponent for him, the fight may be televised on Showtime.

Pepsi Dioxide likes this.
  2. Pepsi Dioxide

Pepsi Dioxide Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 22, 2020
    So it will not be televised...

3. fencik45

fencik45 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2022
    looking for his first notable win.

4. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    This content is protected

5. BEATDOWNZ

BEATDOWNZ Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 30, 2014
    The KO Doctor!

Chuck Norris likes this.
  6. serioussam

serioussam Active Member Full Member

Oct 14, 2021
    Who knows him?

32yo Steve "Drago" Robinson (5-1) won against Nick Campbell (5-0) via stoppage in the 4th roun. He moved from #438 to #161 and is 6-1 now.
    He dropped him twice until the ref stopped the fight. It was a huge, swinging brawler fight without defense from both sides.

Robinson's face after the 4 rounds fight:

Chuck Norris likes this.
  7. Perkin Warbeck

Nov 4, 2017
    Mahmoud Charr (34-4) stopped Nuri Seferi (a cruiserweight moving up to heavyweight, 42-11) in the second round.

8. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    I have my eyes on Petrovsky ever since the very young man win the amateur world heavyweight championship. He's the only one really good of the top prospects his size ( 6'1" 215 lbs ) , and features a Joe Frazier like swarming style with fast accurate hands and a lot of power.

9. serioussam

serioussam Active Member Full Member

Oct 14, 2021
    He got heart, but gets hit way too often. I don't like him, I mean, its not his fault, but his mafia management with this guy Khryunov who also worka with Povetkin.
    Just watch his first pro-fight, were he was gifted by a RTD in the second round. Completely nonesense. They stopped the fight for no reason. A few days after they said, they stopped the fight because his opponent had hepatitis - despite of a negative test. Russian fans see it as a big shame of boxing.

Also look at his amateur fights scoring. Its full of SD/MD. He was endless gifted lmao.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
  10. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    That may be but he deserved to win the world amateur heavyweight tournament and I saw most of those fights. He is very young for a super heavyweight and has not fully grown into his prime yet.

Like I said the hand speed and accuracy are very good as his power, and his has the right style that fits his size. I would think have won his first fight via KO anyway vs a 6-1-1 opponent.

Putin seems close to this guy. I don't think his promoter knew that he had hepatitis that at the time. Any any rate he looked amazing in his second pro fight.

But his style is very exciting. He's one of my top 15 heavyweight prospects! The list is loaded with talent. Did you see it? I update the list quarterly.

11. Zedrin

Zedrin Active Member banned Full Member

Dec 15, 2022
    Petrovsky has massive heart/willpower/toughness, and good speed and boxing skills .But he is very small for a heavyweight that's the only real problem. I think he'd do really well at cruiserweight, he'd be more suited at that weight.

He won the world championship gold on sheer willpower being undersized to everyone he faced.

It's like he revels in being the underdog and undersized. I certainly wouldn't rule him out as a heavyweight. He's young and could fill out.

I remember first seeing him in the Russian national championships against the golden boy Aleksey Dronov. Dronov won everything in the youths was number 1 in the world there and was moving up to the seniors with a lot of hype and expectation. Yet fellow youngster, unknown underdog at the time Petrovsky destroyed him.. stopping him in the 3rd round, and beat him again on points the next year.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
  12. Perkin Warbeck

Nov 4, 2017
    According to BoxRec, [url]Efe Ajagba[/url] (16-1) will be facing [url]Stephan Shaw[/url] (18-0).

[url]https://boxrec.com/en/event/865648[/url]

Not a bad matchup.

Pepsi Dioxide and DanielDimov like this.
  13. DanielDimov

DanielDimov Jabbing all night Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    True. Not a bad match up.. although just imagine where the division is at. Being happy that such a fight will be done.

vast and Perkin Warbeck like this.
  14. fencik45

fencik45 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2022
    Prospects should fight 5-6 times a year. Instead they get to ten fights tops and switch over to once or twice a year like the champs and top ten. No wonder boxing is in such a sad state.

15. Perkin Warbeck

Nov 4, 2017
    Vianello-Rice will be a co-feature for Ajagba-Shaw.

[url]Jonathan Rice[/url] is a strong journeyman with decent boxing skills, I won't be surprised if he defeats Vianello.