Cruiserweight and Heavyweight thread.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by houmzz, Aug 21, 2014.

1. houmzz

houmzz Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Michal Cieslak/Yori Kalenga possible for March 1st.

2. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    Mladen Miljas/Wayman Carter on January 18th.

Paul Koon bak on February 2

Darmani Rock back on February 8th.

3. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    Frank Warren has said, that he hopes of big year for Dubois and Gorman. Maybe Gorman will end up without L on the record this year but the way it's going Dubois might lose. His unaninous decision over Jonshon doesn't blend well for him, he was outboxed at times and you can see vunerability in his chin but all remains to be seen.

4. Boxingfan200

Boxingfan200 USYK #1 P4P banned Full Member

Feb 5, 2017
    just have Gorman vs dubois … both young the loser can easily rebuild.

houmzz likes this.
  5. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    Young heavyweight prospect from Cuba Frank Sanchez Faure beat Willie Lake Jr by second round KO to advance to 11 victories with 9 coming by knockout.

6. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    Gasan Gimbatov returns after year out and will face German Skobenko in his return on February 22.

Boxingfan200 likes this.
  7. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    “We are currently working on organizing a rematch,” said Warren. - Everyone wants this fight, but most importantly - the boxers want it. The venue will most likely be the United States, because there is more money. Tyson was disappointed with the judging in the first fight, I did too, so we have to solve a lot of questions, but they want the fight to take place in the US, most likely in the second quarter, no later than June. Possible venue - Las Vegas. I would not want to go back to California. I did not like working with the California Sports Commission, and there were still a lot of things that I didn’t like. ”

8. greenhornet

greenhornet Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 14, 2016
    your scenario is going to eat up another year. not much point moving up if Usyk pisses away much more time. he is already thirty something.

9. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    Evgen Tischenko is moving down to cruiserweight.

10. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    It's what Hearn wants, it's not my idea. I think it's decent idea. Whyte doesn't want to fight Usyk and Ortiz/Usyk won't sell.

11. BeantownAll

BeantownAll Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2018
    Ugonoh has far more to gain from a rematch of that fight than Breazeale - so Haymon has no reason to make that fight.

12. BeantownAll

Mar 5, 2018
    Boxrec briefly listed Aaron Chavers as Rock's opponent - but it was quickly changed back to TBD. As most of you will agree - the closer it gets to fight night without an opponent being named - the more likely the eventual opponent will prove to be...not good.

Sonny Conto - a 6' 4" USA prospect who placed well in the nationwide Golde Gloves tournament and who already has a contract with Main Events - will make his debut on the same card. I can't get onto Boxrec right now to confirm his opponent's name - but I believe he had a 0-4-1 record against opponents whose names similarly escape me

13. BeantownAll

Mar 5, 2018
    Another fight of interest - which I believe will happen before the end of the month - Jerry Forrest vs. Lamont Capers. I believe Forrest sports a record of 21-2 and Capers is something like 9-12 with a few draws in there, too (sorry, can't get to Boxrec).

But *this* one seems primed for an upset.

This is the first attempt to setup up Forrest since attempts to step him up earlier in his career were met with 2 defeats - a quick stop by Gerald Washington and an 8 round UD by Michael Hunter (his 1st stint as a HW before he dropped to CW) where Forrest took a beating but saw the bell.

Forrest has been fighting mostly poor/shopworn opposition at the local Shriners temple. Some should never have been even given a license and Forrest has made a habit of getting quick stops by hitting his opponent behind the head. Hometown refs come in handy.

Capers. otoh, is a pretty legit journeyman who swings back and forth between CW and HW. He's gone the distance against some decent fighters and taken round off them and even split a decision with Zyubov. Forrest hasn't fought decent opponents in the past 18 months, has some crazy-a$$ ideas about when to let his hands go (most of his pro fights are on YT) and he won't have the benefit of fighting in Richmond - I lean towards Capers in this one.

14. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    Kash Ali will face Kamil Sokolowski on February 15th. Not easiest fight for Kash. Think, he is seasoned enough to pull trough this.

Chuck Norris likes this.
  15. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    Efe Ajagba is already ranked as 24th in new WBC ranks. Last year was good year for him, few good KO wins and good position in WBC ranks.