Cruiserweight and Heavyweight thread.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by houmzz, Aug 21, 2014.

1. TSoprano

TSoprano Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 26, 2014
    Kownacki a fat schmuck as usual.

2. Boxingfan200

Boxingfan200 USYK #1 P4P banned Full Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Washington looks in decent shape... yet kownacki belly sticking out like usual sigh... why box if you not gonna not take it seriously atleast get trimmed or something.

Perkin Warbeck likes this.
  3. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    If Washington had any sort of stamina I'd almost back him for an upset but he'll likely get walked down and tire and probably get stopped late.

4. Kadiru

Kadiru Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2015
    He should have better stamina than Charles Martin, who looked in terrible shape, but was actually the one who got the better of Kownacki in the second half of that fight. I can see Washington winning a decision in this one but don't quote me on that. :lol:

5. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    I don't think he does funnily enough. He gasses in a lot of his fights despite coming into fights in good shape which shows that you don't have to look the part to go the distance.

I'd like to see Washington get up here but he won't. To go with his poor stamina, he doesn't have much power to keep Kownacki honest and his defence is average to say the least. Kownacki to stop him in round 8-9 imo.

BeantownAll likes this.
  6. Big Ukrainian

Big Ukrainian Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Taras Neudachyn scored second round knockout in his pro debut vs Nqobani Hlophe

This content is protected

Perkin Warbeck and Chuck Norris like this.
  7. houmzz

houmzz Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 13, 2012
    “This will be a voluntary defense,” manager Egis Klimas said in an interview with Journal De Montreal about plans of Gvozdyk “We don't yet know the name of the opponent.”

Answering the question about the lawsuit against Sergey Kovalev, set in the framework of the same interview, Klimas said: “I cannot comment on this case. It is assumed that attorney Sergey has very serious evidence on his hands. It is assumed that he will be able to prove his innocence in court. The fight against Elider Alvares will take place. ”

Recall that Kovalev is accused of causing bodily harm to a woman whom he allegedly hit in the face last June after the party. Kovalev himself insists on his innocence.

8. BeantownAll

BeantownAll Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2018
    He did - which is not too surprising. But it is worth mentioning that Mansour did take the Hrgovic fight on very short notice - and had to travel overseas, too. Not ideal for a 45 year-old.

9. BeantownAll

Mar 5, 2018
    Actually, I'm not surprised this fight got made because:

a) Mansour is likely shot and having lost to Hrgovic - he's not going to get any chance of a big money fight. The most interesting part of this matchup could be that there is some real money behind Ajagba now because I can't imagine Mansour subjecting himself to this sort of punishment unless there's meaningful $ for him.
    b) The talent pool in the USA isn't particularly deep with qualified journeymen at the moment. The ideal opponent for Ajagba would be a guy like Herve Hubeaux - rangey with good survival skills. You won't find those types in the USA.

10. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Yeah, it wasn't my intention to bash Mansour for the fight, he has some balls and HUGE PROPS that he is taking those fights at that age.

BeantownAll likes this.
  11. BeantownAll

Mar 5, 2018
    I don't think Washington's defense is even average. He dances around on the outside a bit - but he's a bolt-upright fighter who wears his hands low.

We saw how well holding his hands low worked for Szpilka against Kownacki - don't expect it work better for Washington in this fight.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    Inglis_1 likes this.
  12. BeantownAll

Mar 5, 2018
    Regarding that DuBois-Johnson match:

a) Keep in mind that Andy Ruiiz Jr got no closer to stopping Johnson than DuBois did - despite having a whole lot more experience
    b) Yeah, I know Petar Milas stopped Johnson - but he needed what I politely call a "Holyfield overhand" to do it.
    c) Johnson has always been very difficult to hurt once he feels out your groove. He didn't have time to get a feel for Joshua before he got decisively hurt.

I think Gorman is the overall better fighter - but he's ahead on the development curve vs. DuBois. Daniel could catch up.

13. BeantownAll

Mar 5, 2018
    Good to see those four in action - though it's a sad certainty that none of the four will be fighting one another.

14. BeantownAll

Mar 5, 2018
    Read an article not long ago that Nkosi Solomon (who had that woeful debut for Matchroom USA against Matt Cameron) evened his ledger with a dominant 4 rd UD over his opponent that saw Solomon drop him - but not quite stop him.

I can't login to BoxRec at the moment but I know the opponent was an early Dychko victim, though he did make it to Round 3 against Ivan.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  15. BeantownAll

Mar 5, 2018
    Michael Polite-Coffie (a prospect who squared off against Nkosi Solomon in the USA Golden Gloves finals a couple years back and who is promoted by Marshall Kauffman) will be fighting Juan Goode in the next month.

Some of you will remember Goode for having a brief period of success in 2015 that saw him look surprisingly-good against Zhilei Zhang and saw him get robbed in a SD loss against Ed Latimore. He then descended into mediocrity and hasn't even looked particularly-durable in his last couple of bouts.

Polite-Coffie was able too stop Jamal Woods a month or two ago. I suspect he will repeat the feat against Goode.