Cruiserweight and Heavyweight thread.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by houmzz, Aug 21, 2014.

1. houmzz

houmzz Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Rivas will fight Whyte on June 20th.

The next opponent of British heavyweight Dillian White (25-1, 18 KOs) will be the Colombian boxer Oscar Rivas (26-0, 18 KOs), who in the last match knocked out in the 12th round American Bryant Jennings.

Aydamn and Boxingfan200 like this.
  2. Boxingfan200

Boxingfan200 USYK #1 P4P banned Full Member

Feb 5, 2017
    KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM

Aydamn and houmzz like this.
  3. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    Andy Ruiz Jr against Anthony Joshua in works for June 1st. This will be complete massacre.

4. de Morhalle

de Morhalle Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2018
    Nah , Ruiz is a PBC fighter , PBC want a no-show with AJ otherwise Ortiz would be in there so too would Kownacki .

Aydamn likes this.
  5. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    Andy Ruiz kepps going up in weight, bad for his career in longterm.

6. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    This content is protected

7. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    This content is protected

de Morhalle likes this.
  8. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    Mike Balogun beat Marquis Valentine by TKO in sixth round to improve to 13/0.

9. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Hearn has narrowed down the list of potential opponents down to six, with a final selection to be announced within 48-72 hours:

Andy Ruiz Jr
    Luis Ortiz
    Michael Hunter
    Manuel Charr
    Trevor Bryan
    Agit Kabayel

houmzz and de Morhalle like this.
  10. MarcelCerdan13

MarcelCerdan13 Member Full Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Ivan Dychko finally back on May 10 against 48 year-old Ray Austin. Another public execution being labeled as a boxing match.

kostya by ko and wifly like this.
  11. kostya by ko

kostya by ko Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Dychko probably needs someone who can take him 5+ rounds.

houmzz likes this.
  12. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    Rivas was about to follow Alvarez, by signing a multi-fight co-promotional agreement with with ESPN and Top Rank.

Both Rivas and Alvarez are promoted in Canada by Yvon Michel of GYM.

If Rivas would have signed the deal, he would have returned on June 15th in Las Vegas, as part of the undercard to Tyson Fury's fight with Tom Schwarz.

But then he received a very lucrative offer, from promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Sport, to fight top contender Dillian Whyte in a high profile fight on July 20th at the O2 Arena in London. The contest will be carried by streaming service DAZN, and on pay-per-view in the UK through Sky Sports Box Office.

The offer to face Whyte is reportedly worth over $1 million.

"I was a little lucky. My manager Stephane Lepine was about to have the [Top Rank] papers in hand for me to sign them," said Rivas to The Montreal Journal.

"However, my promoter Yvon Michel told him to wait for a few days before completing them. He mentioned that certain things are moving and that I could receive an interesting offer."

After his victory against Jennings, Rivas had mentioned that his right shoulder had been hurting him for a few weeks.

"Rest and physiotherapy treatments did me a lot of good," said Rivas. "I am comfortable now. I have no worries about my next training camp. I'll be able to push the machine all the way."

13. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    I want Bryan to finally have his big break. I think he is pretty good.

14. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    However, negotiations to make the Joshua-Ortiz were unsuccessful as Ortiz’s main promoter said they were insulted by what they called a lowball offer by Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn.

“After 5 days of BS we declined all of Hearn’s lowball offers and we are tired of his games. I know the magnitude of this fight. I wasn’t going to let Hearn bully me. Especially when I know they need Luis l. I mean who else could they really have to fight and that the public was willing to pay for?” Jorge Carmenate of Dade Promotions

“Listen, I like Joshua. I want him to continue to do good but I don’t see eye to eye with Hearn. He’s a cheat. I’m done with him. Hearn is a joke, go take advantage of some other fighter on short notice. I’m done with the games. My fighter is a top 3 heavyweight. Treat him like one.”

Even without Joshua the hard hitter has other options available. A potential rematch against Wilder could take place in the fall along with fights against Ruiz, popular Pole Adam Kownacki who like Ortiz all fight under the Premier Boxing Champions banner.

“With Al Haymon I never have these money issues. He knows how to treat people fair,” Carmenate stated.