CST80's Random Boxing Scorecards For Modern & Classic Matches Depot/Discussion Thread.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Jul 12, 2018.

1. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    New or classic old matches, it doesn't matter. A lot of you guys just watch random matches on Youtube or Dailymotion, that you either hadn't seen before, or go back and watch again, well while you're at it, keep track of your scores and post them in here, it might spur on some interesting discussion. I'll start it off, by going back and scoring some old matches that I haven't seen in a while. Have fun.

Arthur Abraham vs. Edison Miranda 12 Rounds @ Middleweight. September 23, 2006

Round 1 Abraham 10-9
    Cleaner work from AA.
    Round 2 Miranda 10-9, close Back and forth throughout, Miranda nicks it on activity.
    Round 3 Abraham 10-9, close Miranda starts well, AA landed the heavier blows.
    Round 4 Abraham 10-9 Dominant AA round, until his jaw gets broken, Miranda finishes very strong.
    Round 5 Abraham 9-8 Miranda landed heavier blows, docked two points for intentional headbutt.
    Round 6 Miranda 10-9 Edison bringing pressure, landed heavy blows, AA's jaw is gruesome looking.
    Round 7 Abraham 9-8 EM took first two minutes, AA closed strong, two BS low point deductions from EM.
    Round 8 Miranda 10-9 AA starts out well, but EM takes over in last two, hurting AA late.
    Round 9 Abraham 10-9 AA landed heavy rights early, EM more active in middle, AA closes strong.
    Round 10 Miranda 10-9 Dominant round by Miranda, AA falling apart, his glass is horrid, ref worried.
    Round 11 9-9 EM more active, gets docked BS low blow point, gives !! another 3 minutes, buying time.
    Round 12 Miranda 10-9 AA looking to survive, just absorbs punishment and running from EM.

Abraham 112-111

Randy Newman should have been banned from reffing after this match, deplorable job, Miranda deserved the deductions for the headbutt in Round 5, but the three low blow deductions in the 7th and 11th, were egregious, they were barely borderline belt shots, the fact that he gave Abraham almost 8 minutes to recover throughout the match was ridiculous. AA's jaw was ghoulish looking, the fight should have been stopped and the TKO victory awarded to Miranda after the uppercut that broke it, AA's corner should be ashamed, by all rights Miranda should have taken the 0 or King Arthur this night. Tremendous Heart shown by Abraham regardless.

This content is protected

2. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Alexander Povetkin vs. Marco Huck 12 Rounds @ Heavyweight. February 25, 2012

Round 1 Povetkin 10-9, close Clenaer work from Sasha.
    Round 2 Povetkin 10-9 Good body work from Sasha.
    Round 3 Povetkin 10-9 Another good round of body work from Povetkin.
    Round 4 Huck 10-9 Very good round from Marco, he rocked Sasha a few times.
    Round 5 Huck 10-9 Huck outworked him in ugly round.
    Round 6 Huck 10-9 Huck outworking Sasha.
    Round 7 Huck 10-9 Dominant round from Marco, he had Sasha badly hurt.
    Round 8 Huck 10-9, close Huck outworked him, but Sasha landed better shots.
    Round 9 Huck 10-9 Huck landing nice uppercuts and rights, dominant Huck round.
    Round 10 Huck 10-9, very close Huck mauling and wrestling, landing overhands.
    Round 11 Povetkin 10-9 Nice bounce back round for Sasha.
    Round 12 Huck 10-9 Huge rights from Huck hurt Povetkin, Huck finishes strong.

Huck 116-112

It was an scrappy ugly as hell foulfest, with a ton of mauling, brawling, wrestling with actual boxing occasionally rearing its head from Huck, but as usual, his style was enough to get the job done, Povetkin is one of the rare recipients of a gift in Deutschland, this was a landmark win for Huck that he was robbed of, with it on his ledger, he'd have one of the more impressive resumes in the sport. This robbery has annoyed me for years.

3. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Billy Joe Saunders vs. John Ryder 12 Rounds @ Middleweight. September 21, 2013

Round 1 Saunders 10-9
    Round 2 Saunders 10-9
    Round 3 Ryder 10-9, close
    Round 4 Saunders 10-9
    Round 5 Saunders 10-9
    Round 6 Ryder 10-9, close
    Round 7 Ryder 10-9
    Round 8 Saunders 10-9, close
    Round 9 Saunders 10-9
    Round 10 Saunders 10-9
    Round 11 Ryder 10-9, close
    Round 12 Ryder 10-9

Saunders 115-113

116-112 for Saunders is fine as well.

This is an under the radar nip and tuck close affair throughout for Billy Joe, that many don't know about and that I like to conveniently ignore that it exists.:sisi1 With Saunders landing the cleaner work, slipping and blocking a lot from Ryder, but Ryder's activity level, constant pressure, and most importantly southpaw stance giving Saunders more issues than he usually has. Ryder is a stylistic nightmare for Saunders. But this win for BJS has aged like a fine wine, since moving up to SMW, Ryder has been a wrecking machine, he was robbed on his way out of the door of MW, he clearly beat Arnfield and was robbed. Then in his debut at SMW he got stiffed by the judges against Fielding. But he took it out of their hands in his next two, stopping Neilsen, something AA couldn't pull off afterward, and stopping Cox in 2, faster than Groves.

4. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    I had CEJ beating his dad in the locker room by 3 points!

rorschach51, jaytxxl and CST80 like this.
  5. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Mike Tyson VS Henry Tillman

Round 1 - 10-8 Tyson

Toney F*** U likes this.
  6. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Nobody can question your knowledge or commitment to the sport @CST80

7. SnatchBox

SnatchBox Boxing Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Huh? Surely no fight happened between the two?

pacas likes this.
  8. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    I just found an old ass notebook with list of fights i want to score and some that i had scored.
    This was when i just learned about how to score a fight. (i used to be a casual who just saw aggression)

I should rescore some.

Nobuhiro Ishida vs Rigoberto Alvarez:
    Round 1
    10-9
    Round 2 10-10
    Round 3 9-10
    Round 4 10-9
    Round 5 10-9
    Round 6 8-10
    Round 7 10-9
    Round 8 10-9
    Round 9 10-9
    Round 10 10-9
    Round 11 10-9
    Round 12 10-9

116-112 Ishida.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  9. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
    miranda got dicked

10. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    :lol::facepalm: So i was a huge Paulie fan at one point and i scored the Cano fight live.
    I have written down:
    Paulie Malignaggi vs Pablo Fatso Cano

Round 1
    10-9
    Round 2 10-10
    Round 3 10-10
    :lol:And then i stopped scoring because Paulie was getting his ass beat.
    I was a total fanboy. :facepalm:

11. KO KIDD

Oct 5, 2009
    from the classic section scorecard thread

Wilder vs Washington

1-Wilder
    2-Washington
    3-Washington
    4-Wilder
    5- Wilder KO

A lot of fans we saying Wilder was exposed and Washington fought this great fight. I thought Evander summed it up right at the end. When you have power and patience like Wilder some times you can wait and capitalize even if you have a slow start or at least something of that nature.

To me Washington landed some eye catching jabs and some decent body work but felt overall that once Wilder decided to let his hands go that was it. He wrecked him with the first real good right hand he landed. Wilder did windmill 2 shots as the refstepped in. One day that could eventually back fire if in with a guy playing possum or a guy who just hangs in and throws a brave shot while in big trouble

rorschach51, jaytxxl and CST80 like this.
  12. KO KIDD

Oct 5, 2009
    from the classic thread rbrs

Lebedev vs Gassiev, I'm going to the Gassiev vs Wlodarcyzk fight in Newark tonight so I thought i'd give myself a little preview.

Scored it 114-113 7 to 5 with a knockdown to Lebedev. Really was not all that impressed by Gassiev who really just stalks and throws minimal punches. Seems to have gotten very far with cutting off the ring and taking a punch and being a hard puncher. He uses his feet a lot but doesnt throw much or move his upper body a big disparity inactivity between his legs and upper body. Lebedev hardly hit the body and Gassiev wasnt very active with his hands and still he was tired in 11 and 12

I really dont understand the scores. I had it to Denis as did the UK TV guys card had it 115-112 for Lebedev. The judges had it by 4 points the other way to Gassiev. I'd love to see what rounds he was given. Lebedev early boxed him before the knockdown then boxed him well after it. Gassiev won a few in a row then Lebedev came on late

Lebedev to me won 2,3,4,6,7,11,12 and the TV guy gave Lebedev 10 which was close he also gave Lebedev the first which I did not. He did give Gassiev 3 and 4 but I disagree

13. KO KIDD

Oct 5, 2009
    copied

Mayweather vs Castillo II

I never ever took the time previously to watch this fight. I was always fascinated by the robbery debating of the first fight and assumed by Floyd winning a UD in the rematch that it was automatically a dominant and uninteresting fight to go ahead and watch.

I had it right as the 1 judge did I had it 116-112 as opposed to 116-113. I felt I was somewhat generous to Castillo so I was shocked to see the 115-113 scores.

Floyd 1-3
    Castillo 4-7
    Floyd 8-12
    Final: 8-4 or 116-112 Mayweather

Interesting fight, Floyd started out very mobile using the whole ring and jabbing the head and body. He moved so much Castillo would at times miss and fall all the way across the ring lunging. However Floyd did not capitalize on these missed shots and was content to move way out of range.

Castillo I had win all of his 4 in a row where it seemed Floyd decided to stand his ground and let Castillo frequently get off first. He landed so many clean headshots in comparison to other Floyd fights. He did a lot of holding with the right arm and hooking the body with the left arm. De La Hoya employed the very same tactics in theirmuch later fight. he also began to jab his way in using 2 to 3 jabs to then get to the body, again very similar to the De La Hoya fight. It also reminded me of the Hatton fight as Castillo fearlessly came in in straight lines looking to get physical inside, he had pretty fast feet and was pretty good at closing the distance on a less mobile Floyd.

From round 8 on Floyd decided to continue to stand his ground more than he did in the first 3 but brought back the movement he lacked in 4-7 and as Castillo appeared to be surging Floyd suddenly became aggressivecoming in with sharp right hand leads. I dont know if he spent the early fight showing too much respect and adjusting, used hisdefense to tire Castillo, or if he laid back to study Castillo and pounce. He fought a near flawless fight not losing another round on my card.

I want to say having seen Floyd's many big fights I wonder about the breaks he takes in some fights. He did this clearly vs Castillo and very clearly vs De La Hoya another fight I revisited recently. He also did it vs Cotto in that round 6-8 area.

I was wondering if he isnt quite the 12 round fighter conditioning-wise his biggest fans make him out to be considering the way he can shell up and limit himself to singleshots. Or does he use his defense to tire guys out by letting them tee off on shoulders and elbows and waste their ammunition. definitely seemed like his corner was telling him to do this vs Oscar and was something Merchant continued to discuss as the fight went on, hell he did in the McGregor fight. Or is Floyd just using these breaks to let guys get off with shots to find patterns and flaws only to pounce?

Might be an interesting discussion to have, though not in the general, its too tribal over there to discuss Floyd objectively

14. KO KIDD

Oct 5, 2009
    Frankie Randall vs Julio Cesar Chavez II

I was inspired by the thread on Randall and all the commotion about a robbery. The Show crew in opposition to the forum goers found the low blows in fight 1 to be very controversial and also found the first fight close if not decided on those penalties which sounds like a different narrative than the one expressed on here

Round 1: very close, Chavez putting in a lot of pressure even lands a very solid right hand. Randall throws good combinations in the last minute or so and I think just gets it...10-9 Randall

Round 2: Clear as day Randall round I dont think it could go any other way. Will observe that Randall got very aggressive and Chavez did land a few looping rights around Randalls low left but overall a big round....10-9 Randal 20-18 Randall

Round 3: Chavez bulls out leading with his head forcing a fight and there are fierce exchanges. Randall weathers the tide and begins to dig in to Chavez toward the end of the round raising both gloves at the end of the round. 10-9 Randall..30-27 Randall

Round 4: Very quiet round with Randall stalking Chavez but neither throwing much. Chavez did toss in a nice over hand right and some good body work boxing off the back foot reminds me of Cotto in there when Cotto would implement that tactic. Randall just did very little outside play chase...10-9 Chavez...39-37 Randall

Round 5: Difficult round to score I think. Randall looks spent at the end and is definitely losing a step. Chavez is playing possum and even eats plenty of leather on the ropes just do stick in a left to the body and then lands a combination with about 15 to go and then lands a counter straight right hand at the end of the round. Interesting strategy by Chavez. Many of the on the ropes punches by Randall appear to be rolled and not really hard connects. Chavez lands everything real flush and obvious. 10-9 Chavez....48-47 Chavez

Round 6: Thought this was pretty clear for Chavez he landed some good left hooks upstairs and down and the right hand got in a few times. Randall tried his best to jab and stay outside but he really didnt land any consequential power punches at least nothing totally clean the way Chavez would 10-9 Chavez 57-57 Even

Bobby and Ferdie both have it even

Round 7: Randall gets back in with this round. The momentum was swaying and Randall just let his hands go more and landed more power punches than he did in the last few. Nothing really damaging looking but I think he took the round. Chavez came on a litttle with some good shots of his own but I dont think its enough. 10-9 Randall 67-66 Randall

Round 8: An attrition round for Randall where he seemed to get a second wind and was dropping right hands with the most force he had done since round 2 or 3. Chavez did land good stuff of his own. Normally a 10-9 round Randall but the WBC rule to penalize the fighter not cut by the butt makes this 9-9.

I got it 76-75 Randall like the first judge did...I guess I can live with 76-75 the other way but 77-74 is gross

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the WBC made the deduction rule to reward the cut guy for fighting with a disadvantage but if the fight is stopped there isnt a disadvantage because the fight is over? Does the rule to take the point still apply? Am I wrong or do you guys see what I see? Anyone know any other fights where the stoppage was made on the spot and the point was not taken

15. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    :lol: I had the opposite reaction, I wanted Cano in the worst way to beat Paulie's ass, and when he started actually doing it, and relatively quickly, I was thrilled. I had it near a shutout for Cano IIRC, maybe I'll eventually go back and rescore it. Another one I need to rewatch is Cotto-Malignaggi, I forgot what my score was, but it was closer than the official cards, I may have had it a draw. I've always kind if disliked Cotto.:lol:

rorschach51 and Badbot like this.