Current CW's that would possibly beat Wilder?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by baconmaker, Jan 18, 2017.

1. baconmaker

baconmaker Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Who CW's do you see potentially beat Deontay Wilder? I'd give Usyk, Huck, Ledebev, Kudryashov, and Cunningham good chance to KTFO Bum Squad. And lets be real, those guys would give much tougher test to Deontay than this guy Wawrzyk he's going to face in february.

2. Todd498

Todd498 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jun 13, 2011
    I'd definitely bet a good amount of cash on Briedis, Usyk, Lebedev and Kudryashov.

3. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Anyone that can punch could beat Wilder, but I'd have Wilder a firm fav over any cruiserweight.

Best chances would be Gassiev, Breidis and maybe Kudryashov, Usyk is a relatively light puncher so i'd give him very little chance.

4. Todd498

Todd498 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Lol! Usyk is a solid puncher when he sits on his shots. And he would absolutely box Wilders head in worse than he did Joyce in the WSB

5. MrFoFody

MrFoFody Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 17, 2005
    There is lots o money to be made in the heavyweight division. You would figure that these great cruiserweights would escape their dangerous landscape where they make pennies and go for the easy prey in Wilder and the prestigious WBC belt.

6. Champagne Popping

Champagne Popping The TRUTH is the TRUTH banned Full Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Usyk, Gassiev, Breidis, Huck - would all definitely beat hhim

Lebedev, Drozd, Kudryashov, Glowacki, Wlodarczyk, Egorov would probably beat him

7. Champagne Popping

Champagne Popping The TRUTH is the TRUTH banned Full Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Wilder would be the easiest night of Oleksandr Usyk's life

Todd498 likes this.
  8. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    And when they make the move to HW what will they do to Wilder? Kidnap him and force him to sign on the dotted line. He won't sign any papers until the opponent is a bum. He has to be coerced to fight anybody good.

mirkofilipovic likes this.
  9. MrFoFody

Dec 17, 2005
    I'm waiting just like you guys for a credible opponent to defeat Wilder. The aforementioned cruiserweights can easily earn their mandatory positions by knocking over stiffs a'la David Haye. They should move up while the low hanging fruit is ripe

10. MrFoFody

Dec 17, 2005
    Unfortunately, Usyk, Breidis, Huck, etc waste away their primes beating each other to a pulp for food stamps when such a kingdom of riches awaits for so little risk .

11. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    I wouldn't pick any to beat him.

Usyk has the skills and mobility to give Wilder a rough night.

That said, fighting short, stocky sluggers really plays into Usyk's strengths. But they aren't going to prepare him to fight Wilder.

12. cippi

cippi Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 28, 2009
    if thats the case then they would move up and do this, but there a size difference and that creates stylistical problems,

its tough to over come when your the smaller fight battling a taller man with a longer reach. there already big guys they hit hard your gonna have to get in there to land your shots you might be asking for a short career. but the cw division is viscious already so maybe risk is work reward because there already takin huge risks and the pay day cnt be like what these heavys are making.

13. Peril

Peril The Scholar Full Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Maybe Usyk, but that's it. Wilder isn't as bad as his atrocious opposition may lead you to believe.

14. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    He hits guys with the kitchen sink and barely wobbles them, Mchunu is pretty chinny and he went 9 taking plenty of shots.
    Mchunu wouldn't last more than 3 rounds against Bomber Bellew!!!!

Glowacki ate his best with ease!!!
    Wilder will put Usyk in a coma, Usyk couldn't get him out of there so he would pay the price, Wilder is too big, too long and hits too hard. Joe Joyce is a bum, Wilder is legit.

15. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Bellew and Matty askin