Curtis Woodhouse return date confirmed

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Injin Chi, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Injin Chi

Injin Chi Member Full Member

Oct 26, 2013
    Former British Super Light Weight champion Curtis Woodhouse has confirmed his return to the ring.

2nd September at Doncaster Dome.

Three years out of the ring, how much is left in the tank?

A fool would write off this modern day renaissance man.

This content is protected

2. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    I am writing him off.

Guess i am a fool.

3. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    This is the classic case of an athlete who cannot accept that they have got old, and its time to move on with his life as a former athlete.

Boxing is not like Football Curtis, its a dangerous game when your reflexes have slowed down.

Odins beard and boxingcrazy like this.
  4. kevinreid001

kevinreid001 Punchdrunk101 Full Member

Nov 1, 2012
    At this point he could still fight lower level if it what guy wants in life gd luck him root for him

5. boxingcrazy

boxingcrazy Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 3, 2010
    I think its more to do with wanting the buzz of competition as we have seen with the likes of de la Hoya, Calzaghe etc going down the cocaine route but others like roy jones jr, James toney etc just seem to carry on regardless with no consideration of the repercussions if something happens to them whilst fighting in the ring:thumbsup::thumbsup:

6. sjp17

sjp17 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Good on him why sit around years from now wondering what might have been, do what you enjoy and what makes you happy.

For me I do loads of dangerous activities , sports bikes, motocross, muay thai, etc I couldn't give a **** if I die doing any of them, at the end of the day who want to sit pissing and shitting themselves in a care home.

Phil_Ivey_76 and kevinreid001 like this.
  7. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Regardless if it turns out to be a great decision or a shocker, I wish him all the best.

8. kevinreid001

kevinreid001 Punchdrunk101 Full Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Good post sir others will disagree but don't want live any regrets ppl ppl will twist it round say could fight on brain damage and regret it but only one life it's ur life

9. bladesman

May 31, 2015
    Plenty of boxers, motorcross types etc don't die but end up shitting and pissing themselves for YEARS AND YEARS.

Have a nice day haha

10. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    3 years out ? I think hes gonna get a surprise what level he'll be at. I admire woodhouse, good man, but its gonna be short unless he drops levels that hes used too.

11. sjp17

Apr 22, 2011
    That's why you sign a document saying you will go to dignitas in Switzerland and get the lethal jab if that happens, you think I am sitting around shitting and pissing myself your sadly ****ing mistaken chump !

12. bladesman

May 31, 2015
    have you signed it? you might not be in a fit state when the time comes!

13. sjp17

Apr 22, 2011
    Signed and sealed chap !

14. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Curtis loves to fight, I remember him mentioning that back when he was a footballer he'd sneak off to gyms to spar.

But he's what, 36/37? He's been out the ring 3 years and he had ballooned up in weight. Leave it be.

15. c woodhouse

c woodhouse Active Member Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Afternoon fellas, yep I'm back, I've been training away considering this for a while now and although I've been out for 3 years I feel surprisingly ok. Maybe a rest is what I needed or maybe I'm delusional and shot to pieces but until the fists start flying I'll never know but so far I feel revitalised. People talk about the dangers but I'm 5ft6 and ballooned up to 16st6lbs that's more dangerous than any fight I've been in. I'm weighing 12st8 at the minute and will fight at welterweight but on September 2nd I'm not sure what I'll be, hopefully 10st13 or in and around that. I'm back out in November where I'll then look to be 10st7lbs. I believe I still have plenty of juice left and aim to prove it over the coming months and years. Richard Towers will train me and Stefy Bull will manage me. Promotionaly I'll remain a free agent so in the future I'm open to any opportunities that come my way. As the late great Del Boy said "he who dares rodders"

Thanks for the support, as always I aim to raise a few eyebrows