cutting

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by boxing4life, Jul 16, 2007.

1. boxing4life

boxing4life Now or Never Full Member

Nov 26, 2006
    ok everyone my fight is in 11 days and i currently weigh 157 and need to get down to 152. the weigh in is at 6:00pm on the 27th and you get a minimum of 1 hour and a half wait time till you fight after you weigh in. I was wondering since I already know you cant loose solid 5 pounds in 11 days what other methods could I use to get down to 152 for the weigh in? ive heard alot of hype about wearing a sauna suit the night before or on the day of the fight to loose water weigh. just need your guys advice or input about this situation

2. amy

amy If you know what I mean Full Member

May 23, 2006
    Cut way back on your calories for the next 5 days or so. Run everyday at least 30-45 minutes at a good pace. I lose a pound+ a day doing that. 11 days is plenty of time to lose 5 pounds without having to dehydrate yourself.

Lots of fruits and vegetables and good lean protein. Try to cut out refined carbs. Limit your sugar and salt and you should be ok.

3. chinachin_76

chinachin_76 Member Full Member

Oct 2, 2006
    What Amy said and drink plenty of water.

4. magnificentdave

magnificentdave Constant Reminder Full Member

Sep 14, 2006
    have a doctor drain your blood and then reinject it into your body

5. Mark D.

Mark D. EPA Full Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Here is a good article on cutting:

http://www.graciemag.com/?c=150&a=4147

6. RockOn33

RockOn33 Member Full Member

Nov 23, 2005
    yea, i heard ice cold waters the best from someone on this site

7. Zhaakal

Zhaakal Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 28, 2007
    Dont eat a lot and RUN RUN RUN RUN and skip rope, those 2 are the best to loose weight. Be sure to dress warm when you run and skip, don't wear only a t-shirt, put something warmer on, so that your body will maintain a good heat level and wont cool down too fast.

8. boxing4life

Nov 26, 2006
    ok i checked that out but Id like to try that method of drinking 2 gallons of fluid for 2 days and on the 3rd day drink 1 gallon and on the 4th day, and for the day before the fight to not drink any fluid till i weigh in. id like to try this but it said on the article to not try new techniques of cutting weight the week before the fight and this week is the week before my fight so what should i do:-:)scaredas:

9. boxing4life

Nov 26, 2006
    AFTER THE GUY THAT WROTE THE MAKING WEIGHT ARTICLE THIS IS WHAT HE SAID ABOUT THE WEEK BEFORE THE FIGHT

A Few Pieces of Advice

This content is protected

10. amy

May 23, 2006
    I already told you what to do. Run quite a bit everyday and cut back on your calories. Cut out sugar, chips, bread etc. those kinds of carbs will make you retain water. Fill up on veggies and add in lean meat (fish and chicken etc) drink lots of water. Seriously, you'll lose 5 pounds in a week doing this, no need to do anything complicated. It just takes will power to not over eat and the desire to want to work hard. Get out and run.

11. Primadonna Kool

Primadonna Kool Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 5, 2006

12. JMonster

JMonster Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2005
    u can lose 5 pounds in 11 days easy, don't worry about the night b4...just do a lot of running and sweating and not a lot of eating...main tips r not to drink as much, and not to eat or drink nething b4 u go to sleep the night b4...u can do it

13. amy

May 23, 2006
    11 days is more than enough time to lose 5 pounds safely! There is no reason to do the whole water guzzling thing or the sauna suit unless you have a pound to go the night before.
    Eat less, run more. That's all you need to do.

14. boxing4life

Nov 26, 2006
    bad news guys! one of the coaches at my gym told the main coach(guy the runs the place) that he thinks i shouldnt fight and that i need to improve my footwork first then i should fight, and WHAT DO YOU ****ING KNOW MY TRAINER TOOK HIS WORD AND SO FAR THE FIGHT IS OFF! this is really really messing with my head, i dont admit things like this alot but im crushed mentally about this situation! I got all ready and **** and got all happy and **** and all my past weeks of hard work are gone down the drain!

15. amy

May 23, 2006
    Welcome to amateur boxing. I've had more fights fall through that ones that actually happened. Just adopt a mindset that you are well prepared and always ready no matter what happens.

Sounds like your coach is looking out for you. I understand you are disappointed, but be grateful that you have someone that is keeping your best interests at heart.

......now go lose 5 pounds the smart and safe way. :deal