Dan Raffael had Wilder winning against Fury

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Gennady, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Bollywooden

Bollywooden Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 8, 2014
    Mayweather made a career out of it. I'm really not that bothered either way Farooq, just pointing out that it's not just about punches landed (although Fury wins on that too).

Conceivably, every time Fury was ducking under those wild Wilder swings he was scoring points towards winning the round for good defense.

I'm not a huge Fury fan, or Wilder hater but Dan's score is a minority opinion for a reason.

pacas and Holler like this.
  2. Farooq

Farooq Member banned Full Member

Nov 13, 2018
    Yeah you hate Mayweather and Wilder. I know what reason you hate them and it has nothing to do with boxing. Yeah Mayweather ran? No Mayweather was much more aggressive when he fought guys his own size. Which is why he had more knockouts. Once Mayweather fought bigger guys he used defense more. He still landed more than 84 punches in 12 rounds. Also casual fan ,you don't earn points by ducking from punches either. You don't win rounds by running and calling it good defense. You win rounds by landing punches. You know why Dan's score is a minority? Because certain people wanted Tyson Fury to win because of a obvious reason. Then these so called sports experts will just repeat what they heard somebody say.

red_roo and blackbolt396 like this.
  3. deltrotter

deltrotter Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 8, 2013
    Please enlighten us to why people wanted Tyson fury to win? if you can't then please feel free to FooQ off

4. Farooq

Nov 13, 2018
    No I will just ignore you. Bye bye.

5. Bollywooden

Bollywooden Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 8, 2014
    How many times are we going to go through this? there are 4 scoring criterion, Wilder can't be said to have bettered Fury in any of them.

Clean punches, Defense, Effective aggression and Ring generalship.

I don't hate Wilder either, he's an uncoordinated windmill but I bear him no ill-will.

gmurphy, pacas and mirkofilipovic like this.
  6. Farooq

Nov 13, 2018
    Right how many times do I have to type this there is one real scoring criteria. That is called landing effective punches. Not getting in the ring and running for 12 rounds. You don't get points for defense. You don't get points by grabbing. You bore me now. As I stated you wanted Fury to win because of a clearly obvious reason. Now you get ignored. Next!!!!!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  7. deltrotter

deltrotter Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 8, 2013
    You are a FooQing Mong. and you are more of a casual than anyone on here if you think it has anything to do with HATE.
    PS I want Pacquiao to spank Broner does that mean I have an Obvious reason to want that outcome?

8. The Long Count

The Long Count Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 8, 2013
    ESPN is in the tank for Wilder. For whatever reason, they have him in their top 10 p4p which you don’t need me to say it, is absolutely absurd.
    Then Rafael, who has been talking up Wilder for years, somehow hands in and out of whack scorecard that has him winning.
    Then you have shows that air on the network like first take, that come on with their scripted talking points on how - Wilder gives away so much weight but never stops trying etc.
    the spin is ridiculous. Wilder picked Fury because he had looked awful in his two comeback fights and Fury can’t punch a hole in a paper bag. Instead Fury boxed rings around Wilder winning anywhere from 8-10 rounds in the bout as Wilder wandered the ring confused. If wilder doesn’t land that knockdown I the 12th you could have had legit scores that looked like 118-109. Instead we got a an “official” draw. That will be spun into a rematch.

Holler and mirkofilipovic like this.
  9. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    I'm genuinely surprised by that. :shocked:

10. RingKing75

RingKing75 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Dec 23, 2013
    Im an American, DW fan and do enjoy some of Fat Dans commentaries but I pride myself on being one of the most unbiased posters here and I have to say that Fat Dan is out of his fcking mind! Fury who earned my respect and ive become a fan of his since a little before the fight outboxed DW for 9/12 rounds. I simply don't see how anyone could honestly have that fight any other way.

Oreet Cha!, gmurphy and Bustajay like this.
  11. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Wilder is damaged goods after this fight. Wilder's team knows it, they try some marketing ploys like enagaging Raffael to do damage control but the damage is done. And you don't hear anything from Wilder's team as to the rematch. They're completely quiet about it.

gmurphy, Bustajay, It's Ovah and 2 others like this.
  12. houmzz

houmzz Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 13, 2012
    He always have US fighters winning, Quess what? He is American and judges by his nationality. His opinion on fights has no weigh because he isn't a judge or promoter just a writer who writes about various sports and thinks he is top of the mountain.

madballster likes this.
  13. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    It feels like a commercial decision rather than a sporting one. Devaluing both the sport and the platform.

red_roo and madballster like this.
  14. 6'4south

6'4south Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Sounds like Dan doesn't live too far within the matrix.

15. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    To be fair to big Dan , he has to watch the whole fight without one trip to the buffet. That's over 40 mins without food. The man is positively shaking by the end.

I wouldn't expecting him to score a fight correctly in this half-starved state.

Xplosive, Oreet Cha!, Holler and 2 others like this.