Dana White to start getting involved in boxing purse bids

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by DONT B SCARED, Jun 17, 2019.

1. DONT B SCARED

DONT B SCARED Pimpin Aint Easy Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    This content is protected

I remember him talking about getting involved in promoting boxing last year and thought it could only be seen as a positive but what does everybody else think about it?

minemax likes this.
  2. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    This content is protected

3. mb1233

mb1233 Active Member Full Member

Aug 18, 2017
    Canelo won't like being paid in Reebok gear.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  4. DONT B SCARED

Mar 8, 2017
    I wouldn't say that boxers get paid much better then UFC fighters currently,apart from that small percentage of overall boxers like Canelo

5. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Surprised he hasnt done this before when Purse bids become open.

The problem however is the big fights rarely do go to purse bids.

DONT B SCARED likes this.
  6. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    Great, more big money and influence involved the better.

DONT B SCARED likes this.
  7. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    It's getting ridiculous at this point.
    It's great seeing all this money come in, but I have no idea if it's actually good for boxing.
    Fury just made 12.5mil for fighting The Schwarz :lol: That is PPV level money.

DONT B SCARED and 305th like this.
  8. jhar26

jhar26 Member Full Member

Dec 23, 2004
    If it means more boxing on UFC fightpass I'm all for it.

9. DONT B SCARED

Mar 8, 2017
    I guess I was wrong and should have posted this thread in here instead of the general but I really wanted to see what the boxing fans thought about it since it and apart from it being Dana White it's has nothing to do with MMA really.

I don't expect much support if any but there is a few threads imo that don't belong here.maybe i'm wrong but sometimes I feel like this part of the forum is almost used like a wasteland to dump threads because the powers that be don't like there be any connection of the 2 sports and even when it is a boxing topic if the names involved have or had a connection to mma the thread will usually end up here.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  10. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    He's been talking about boxing for how many years now ? and nothing has happened. he needs to stay in his lane because the ufc unfortunately is going down the boxing route with multiple champs per division, champs ducking true top contenders, fighters getting undeserved title shots etc etc.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  11. DONT B SCARED

Mar 8, 2017
    Being involved in boxing before UFC he has always maintained a passion but only started seriously talking about getting involved in promoting events for maybe the last 12 months.
    I disagree with the rest and feel that your views here are in large part to personally not liking him like a lot of others,it's undeniable that the UFC is and has been in a strong position in large part because of Dana.

12. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Dana has played a figure head role in getting the UFC massive over the last 20 years or so but make no mistake the true geniuses were the Fertitta brothers.

I was always a massive boxing fan for decades before I got interested in mma. The thing that really got me interested was the idea of the best fighting the best regularly, only one title in a weight class, the belt meaning something, no ducking and diving and WWE BS. I personally think the UFC has been going in a downward trajectory in a sporting sense for several years now. I don't give a rats about the business, I only watch it/care about it in a sporting sense.

13. DONT B SCARED

Mar 8, 2017
    Fertitas played a big role which gave Dana that platform there's no doubt but even they themselves have made it clear who made the decisions,Fertittas had enough faith in Dana to let him do his thing

14. DONT B SCARED

Mar 8, 2017
    Following boxing as long as you have you must realize the reason that they have remained so successful and why so many would like to Dana get involved in boxing is he still makes the big fights happen that people want to see which is not even close to happening currently in boxing

15. DONT B SCARED

Mar 8, 2017
    Can't remember the names but there was definitely a few fighters who said they would be open to talking to Dana if he did get involved when it became news last year and the 1 current fighter who said he had spoken to Dana recently about it was Mikey Garcia