Daniel Azeez vs. Joshua Buatsi & Adam Azim vs. Enock Poulsen - Round by Round.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Feb 3, 2024.

1. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    This content is protected

2. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Azeez stoppage late

Accurate, Astro, Bfcad and 1 other person like this.
  3. von trapp

von trapp Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Morning all.
    Looking forward to this. Fancy Azeez. Just think he wants it more. Not as skillfull as Buatsi but think it will tell later in the fight.
    Got a mate coming round so a balti going in the slow cooker.

4. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Azeez's defense is tight, he's hard to hit clean virtually anywhere, I think he's going to walk down, overwhelm and stop Buatsi late.

Smudge_, Astro, anjawnaymiz and 4 others like this.
  5. Bfcad

Bfcad Active Member Full Member

Dec 10, 2022
    Got tickets for this at the last minute as got really drawn in this week - its such an intriguing fight.

Buatsi has the skills no doubt and is favourite, but the Azeez journey this last couple of years has been great, hes a real live underdog and i just hope his constant pressure can drag Buatsi into a war because we could have a cracker of a fight then.

Not a bad card aswell, looking forward to Azims first euro defence. Whittaker might not be everyones cup of tea but hes a showman and gets the crowd going

Astro, Beale, Noel857 and 2 others like this.
  6. Ding ding ding!

Ding ding ding! Active Member Full Member

Jun 26, 2022
    Really looking forward to this. My first live event since CBS dethroning Okolie.

Really rooting for Azeez as I'm a big fan of his and have enjoyed his route through the domestic and then European belts. He's an underdog here but I'm backing him to get the upset with his pressure causing Buatsi problems. Should be an interesting clash of styles.

War Azeez!

destruction and Beale like this.
  7. peter_uk

peter_uk Active Member Full Member

Sep 11, 2022
    Bit worried about Azeez coming two and a half pounds under the LHW limit; possibly indicates he had to strip weight quickly and overshot (similar to ODLH vs Pacquiao)

8. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    Going against the grain here and expect Buatsi to show he is on a different level tonight.

9. LegsAreShaky

LegsAreShaky Member Full Member

Nov 2, 2023
    Agree. He's definitely hittable, so Dan will have his moments no doubt, but when switched on his work will be of a higher quality than Azeez's. You reckon stoppage? I'll say 8-4 type decision.

Poulsen shouldn't be too problematic for Azim but by the sounds of it he'll be less negative than Petitjean, he was disgraceful.

Not a big fan of Jeamie TKV (stupid name and I hated them trying to feed him to Frazer Clarke, embarrassing fight for Frazer) but he's in with a decent opponent tonight. Good comeback fight and will be worth a watch.

Beale likes this.
  10. Ding ding ding!

Ding ding ding! Active Member Full Member

Jun 26, 2022
    That's certainly very possible and wouldn't shock me in the slightest - Buatsi is rightly the favourite after all.

I may well be going with heart over head but I just feel like Buatsi hasn't progressed as much as many expected to and I have doubts over his desire. Whereas Azeez has had a steady and noticeable improvement over recent years and I think this will be his night where he puts it all together and picks up a huge win.

It's a very intriguing fight. Definitely one of Boxxers better main events.

Beale likes this.
  11. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
    I think a wide points decision in the range you suggest.

LegsAreShaky likes this.
  12. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
    Very good fight and time for Buatsi to show his class tonight.

13. LeavemealoneKoooogs

LeavemealoneKoooogs All hail his excellency Full Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Quite hard to avoid hearing that Mick Hennessey's daughter is on the card. Can't remember the last time someone got so much undeserving exposure 2 fights into a pro career

14. LeavemealoneKoooogs

LeavemealoneKoooogs All hail his excellency Full Member

Apr 30, 2021
    He sounds like something from one of this misfit cards with that name. Gotta do what you gotta do to stand out these days

LegsAreShaky likes this.