Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson II & Gegard Mousasi vs. Chris Weidman RBR

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by UnleashtheFURY, Apr 8, 2017.

1. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Yeah. He's getting there. Still have Shogun locked at #2 but if DC keeps it up he'll surpass him.

2. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Does anyone actually think Rumble win retire? I doubt it... He's too much of an asset in one of their weaker divisions. I think they'll probably offer him the Jones fight again and he'll accept.

3. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    If he does the vaunted top 3 becomes a top 2, both at the tail end of their careers.

What's the betting they go running back to Nader etc begging them to rejoin

4. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Yeah LHW is starting to look like a complete ghost down outside of the top 4. Manuwa's rise is a little interesting, but he's 37 and really only has a punchers chance against the top 4. Teixeira is 37 as well but a much older 37 and it's start to show in his performances, after Gustafsson more than likely dispatches him it's safe to say that his career will be effectively over... Then of course there's the likes of Shogun who's 35 and war torn, and even older Nog and Anderson hanging on at the end of the top 10. Honestly
    Cirkunov could very well be a sleeper top 5 guy, since he matches up extremely well with pretty much everyone apart from the top 4(DC, Jones, Gus, Johnson)

5. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    I wonder if Belfort will make another run at 205 rather than retire.

6. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    I could see one of Souza or Romero move up in frustration as well.

7. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Finally got a look at that final sequence in the Weidman vs Mousassi fight. Knees were legal, as only one hand was on the canvas when the knees landed. Ref blew the call, an honest mistake though. Weidman's hand was pulled off the canvas right before the second knee landed. Weidman though, started holding his face and playing for the DQ once action was stopped. The knees didn't look very hard at all.

Francis75 likes this.
  8. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Sucks that Rumble mentally folded again against Cormier. It's possible he is throwing the fights. He has a hell of a chance to knock Cormier out if he keeps his distance and just strikes, instead of trying to outwrestle and Olympic alternate wrestle.

A damn shame because a focused Rumble has a chance to beat Cormier, and Jones and he destroys everybody else at 205

9. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Yep Weidman was obviously acting it up to the doctor otherwise he would have been allowed to fight on. Those knees did not look to do much damage imo. Mousasi was really coming on in the 2nd.

The Akbar One likes this.
  10. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    I don't think he threw the fight he just lacks heart when he is in a dog fight. Zero fight IQ as well. LOL at trying to wrestle with Cormier when his real chance was to keep distance and throw bombs.

The Akbar One likes this.
  11. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    Big John says it's all Weidman's fault.