Daniel Dubois fractured orbital bone ? Still a quitter ???

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by daverobin, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Margarito didn't quit now he's possibly blind in one eye

superman1692 likes this.
  2. Jamal Perkins

Jamal Perkins Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 19, 2012
    True bandeedo...i did think of sugar ray leonard...how that eye was fubard....how that "your blowing it son" quote inspired a rampage in the 14th round that made him a legend....but it still ended his prime career prematurely...i totally get your point tho....i feel yes he couldve done that and got the praise....but equally lets not kill him so unjustly for not doing it...

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    deadACE, Tankatron and bandeedo like this.
  3. Jamal Perkins

Jamal Perkins Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Slavery and 19 hour days were always the way for 300 years it was against the code of not working for a living and being lazy.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  4. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    its a personal decision, and one that carries consequences, and rewards. he has to live with both. ali fighting with a broken jaw for a dozen rds is what legends are made of, and is a part of the giant he remains today. dubois chose to remain a healthy mortal.

Jamal Perkins and Usercom like this.
  5. Ted Stickles

Ted Stickles Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 24, 2007
    If it’s true he had a broken orbital bone and he had a heavy handed 6’6” guy waiting to hit him again, and from personal experiences of having broken noses when I fought and being able to feel and hear things move around when your still being hit. Has to make you think what he was feeling? I mean I’ve never experienced a broken orbital bone so it’s possible a fighter would feel and hear things moving around or even have a massive pressure start to build up.... be the guy is only 22 and maybe he realized he could be permanently injured and wanted to save his career.

6. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Its easy to sit in front of a PC & call a fighter a quitter BUT How many of you have been in the ring & faced adversity like that?? How many of you know the pain?? Not many I'll bet
    The guy did the right thing hopefully he'll recover & fight again.
    Just think about Antonio Margarito for one, the word quit isnt in his dictionary. He stayed in there fighting while Pac beat his eye bad with who knows what & really ended his career his eye was permanently damaged by Pac. Good part of this is
    Cotto STILL couldnt legitimately beat a one eyed Margarito he had to rely on that crooked doc to stop the fight to save him the embarrassment of quitting AGAIN!!!!!!
    I wish Dubois the best

Yaiyr Alexander likes this.
  7. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    ive had my nose broke, bridge is still slightly off center. would never have known it was broken due to the adrenaline if it werent for the healthy amount of blood leaking out. ive seen people shot that didnt know they were shot until out of fight mode. fear is the paralyser, not pain.

8. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Margarito should pulled a quit job against Pacquaio. There's was no reason at all for him to take that career shortening beatdown for 12 rounds.
    Taking a knee didn't effect Kneelgul Cotto's career.

Lucas Matthysse quit over pain in his eye against Victor Postal. He went on to gain two stoppage wins which got him a big money title shot against Pacquaio.

Chisora tapped out against Fury. He went onto to make millions in co-headlining PPV's.

Dubois can come against another time. There's no harm in admitting defeat to the better man.

9. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    This is where great heavyweights and the lighter weight champions differ.

If you want to be the best heavyweight in the world, the heavyweight champion, you have to believe you can beat everyone ... in the world. Not just some guys.

That's why Tyson Fury says "There isn't a man born to his mother who can beat me." It's like John L. Sullivan's "I can lick any sonofabitch in the house."

Lighter weight fighters don't say those things, because guys in the divisions above them can beat them. And they all know it.

At heavyweight, once you admit someone is the better man, and you can't beat every fighter in the world, then it's over.

Dubois doesn't want to take Chisora's place. He wanted to take Fury's place.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  10. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    A wise Asian man once said
    “Quitting while your ahead ... is not the same as quitting” , there is a distinction.

This content is protected

11. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    If you mention Margarito three times into a mirror and then go to sleep, C.J. will be under your bed when you wake up.

12. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    Yeah but Dubois wasn’t ahead, despite what those gormless mingers judging said.

Hanz Cholo likes this.
  13. sparta

sparta Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Only an idiot would call him a quitter, unless your in that situation you dont know ****. He had one eye for ****sake, he prob saved his career.

14. sparta

sparta Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Dont use uncommon sense here mate.

15. Boxed Ears

Boxed Ears this my daddy's account (RIP daddy) Full Member

Jul 28, 2009
    I am so much tougher than this dude when it doesn't involve a cold or a stubbed toe or something more serious.