Daniel Dubois official statement: In summary, he's going to put some ice on it.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Dubblechin, Nov 30, 2020.

1. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    There's no double standard FFS... Dubois quits over a possible eye injury, and you troll every thread about Dubois now?? All because he's not hated as much as DW is? That's pathetic...

Oddone likes this.
  2. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    I didn't bring up Wilder (LOL).

It's the pat excuse around here when you complain about any boxer. "But ... but Wilder's costume."

Double standards out the ass around here.

3. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    Of all the boxers to be a ludicrous fanboy of I have absolutely no clue why some people pick Wilder ffs. Though I admire your courage in trying, You could teach fish poetry before successfully reasoning with Dubblechin.

catchwtboxing and Holler like this.
  4. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    Here's another one. Should I become a fan of Dubois?

The guy who quits when he gets his first swollen eye and makes fun of blind moms?

I prefer Joyce.

Apparently, according to the Dubois faithful, Dubois landed the harder shots Saturday. Yet Joyce isn't the one who quit.

Says all you need to know.

LOL

5. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    His eye was swollen shut due to a fracture. You left that part out and while many boxers deal with swollen shut eyes, fractures are no joke.

Chances are he felt something specific as he has a tendency to swell, even in sparring, and has never taken a knee.

It takes courage in the sport of boxing, where casuals think boxers should deform themselves for entertainment, to quit.

Vitali quit when he injured his shoulder and everyone said he had no heart. They were wrong. Maybe Dubois can prove something later but right now he’s a kid who got stopped. Nothing more.

Least he didn’t make up costume excuses or accuse his corner of drugging him.

6. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    Tyson Fury, Carl Frampton, Dillian Whyte, Matthew Macklin were just a few of the "casuals" who called Dubois a quitter Saturday.

So try that on someone else.

He quit. His eyeball is fine. His vision is fine. All this "he'll go blind" hysterics was blown up by Dubois, who has already said he'll be back when he heals.

7. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Not as much at stake as many of the examples you'd provide. Even then, some of those guys who pushed on did so stupidly and risking a great deal, Dubois knows his own body, clearly something wasn't right. Fools like you would have said McClellan quit in the Benn fight only to be sorely mistaken later. I'd get it in a title fight with it being last chance saloon but not right now at 23. Having your orbital broken is horrible and there's a big orbital nerve branching out to the rest of face right in the place he was hit, that is one of the worst spots to take a hard shot. I can imagine the pain he suffered from that was immense. If he took much more there it could've resulted in blindness or at least impaired vision.
    Also he did fracture his socket and nerve damage was done, so he should take his time to recover. Just because he doesn't need surgery doesn't mean it isn't damaged badly. It just likely means the break was clean and in a good position to heal already. Ask any ringside doctor if that was a reasonable point for him to stop and they'd agree.
    Just because he isn't blind now doesn't mean he wouldn't have risked it by going further on either. That last shot clearly damaged something big time. It's not worth losing your eyesight over a fight unless the stakes are huge.

dinovelvet likes this.
  8. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    If it was a clean break, he'd need surgery. If it's a slight crack, then you just wait for it to heal.

9. ShovelHook

Jul 22, 2019
    Nah mate, the need for surgery is entirely dependent on the circumstances. He likely broke it, it looks like it was broken and the damage he suffered to the nerve would indicate that too. You'd have to break through some bone to be pushing on that nerve that much.
    He quit for the sake of his long term and practically essential health, vision lasts more than a boxing career you know. I know which one I'd place a little more importance on.

10. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Lacked a plan B, C or D. Kept trying to do the same thing all fight. JJ took away his jab and he could not find a place for his right hand.

11. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Daniel the golden child is more a brass child now. Brass neck child.

12. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    All you are doing is crying about Wilder. Dude didn't even fight and he's still all you can talk about. And now you seem to want to hate on Dubois. weak...

13. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    His vision is fine. His eye is fine. His retina is fine. You don't see with your orbital bone.

It's a bone.

14. ShovelHook

Jul 22, 2019
    You don't know how what you're talking about in the slightest clearly. You do use your orbital bone for vision. People who break their orbitals almost always have the notable effect of double vision, so yes, it's quite crucial to having clear eyesight.
    His vision may be okay, but that may only be because he called it at the right time when he knew he couldn't push it much more.

15. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Liked for the ball sack comment. :lol: