Daniel Dubois or Tony Yoka or Joey Joyce... Who is best HW prospect?!!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by El Chicano, Feb 12, 2019.

1. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    I just dont rate him as somebody who will go on to be top fighter. Hid best bet will wait till the current crop retire or are so far past it.

I dont see what's so special about him at all.

2. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    He's 9-0 , 21 years old and has done everything expected of him so far. Who ever looked like a would beater at 9-0? Nobody said he was special. There's just something not right about castigating young prospects

3. Power_tek

Power_tek Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2018
    Dave Allen's performances are almost impossible to use as a guage for any comparison, yes he takes shots all day long, but his fitness levels/motivation change like the wind.
    If you put his performances into a line graph it would look like a polygraph from pinocchio lol

4. Gomo

Gomo Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Joyce I think can win world title belt

Love to see him against wilder, I think that would be a great fight. He's so open wilder could k.o him at will but my god wilder won't know whats going on when this relentless ponderous come forward slugger just keeps walking him down and chopping him up.

Dubois I don't think will go that far, yoka I've not seen enough of him to comment.

5. nurological

May 25, 2012
    I'm not castigaating him at all. I just don't see what everybody else is seeing. People talk about him as if he is a contender and future world champ. I'm not convinced

6. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Everybody and anybody can be a contender. You don't have to be any good to be a contender.. Nobody is saying he's going to be a world champ.. He can't be overrated if he gets mores stick than praise , can he?

When Tyson Fury was 8-0 he went life n death with McDermot and nobody thought he was going to amount to anything. On the other hand Pricey , who obliterated McDermot , was tipped to go all the way.

Maybe he won't go anywhere and maybe he will. You can't make a judgment on a guys future when he's only 9-0. Wladimir Klitschko was 24-0 when he got knocked out by a journeyman.

7. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I don't think many people are right now calling him a future world champion and the few that do wouldn't put money on it. He has potential like many of the top prospects but he also like the others has a bunch of flaws.

How good Dubois will be really depends upon how much he improves and it's the same with any of these top prospects they all have talent but it's their progress that will define their success.

Dubois has talent the size, power, very good jab etc but that alone won't win him a world title, he'll need to improve a lot to get to that stage like any of the other top guys. But he has the basic building blocks to be a good fighter.

8. houmzz

houmzz Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Joyce but I'm annoyed by fact that he moves all the time during his fights. He is wasting his energy by that. He doesn't move his head, just his legs, don't know where is logic in that.

9. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    There's a whiff of David Price about Dubois.... looking like a potential world beater until brutally knocked out, and that's coming and a matter of when not if. There's just something about the way he looks which screams out 'marshmallow mandible'. Joyce, although older, looks like he has more quality and, oddly considering his age, greater scope to improve in terms of what is required to mix it with the top 10, albeit time isn't on his side. Not seen enough of Yoka.

Joyce for me is the best of that bunch...

10. nurological

May 25, 2012
    I hear what you're saying but that doesnt mean i cant have an opinion on him whether that proves to be right or wrong. Lets just all stop talking about anybodys potential then.

11. Dubious Heart

Dubious Heart MANS OUT HERE QUITTING banned Full Member

Nov 28, 2020
    LOL you was hyping a BUM just cause of his skin colour, you anti-white dosser loser.

12. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    :deal: