daniel Dubois v joe Joyce

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by charliem333, Oct 19, 2017.

who would win

Poll closed Dec 8, 2017.
  1. daniel Dubois

48.2%
  2. joe Joyce

51.8%
  3. draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MCFC_EW

MCFC_EW Active Member Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Got to be honest Ive never really seen the Joe Joyce hype, always thought Clarke was better but fairplay to him for going to the Olympics and bagging a medal and looking good doing so.

Not sure what to think of Dubois, knocking over cans would love to see him in with someone like Lewinson

2. BodyBlaster

BodyBlaster Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Joyce!
    He gives/gave Joshua great work, the Fury’s like him in camp, and so he’s already up there with world championship calibre fighters.
    DD is smashing small, part time, fighters.
    As for his age, remember Mike Tyson was champion by then. There’s no guarantee at all that in 2/3/5 years time DD will have made massive improvement.
    Joyce isn’t far away right now.

3. lawslaw

lawslaw Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    What? Do you even know what you are talking about???

Dubois is a baby, only 20 last month. He has had his entire 5 fight career in the last 6 months!

4. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    His only fighting on bt shows frank is trying to do what hearn did with aj but his just not at that level yet or maby never will be if Frank doesn't slow the hype it's not gonna end well

5. hap

hap Member Full Member

Mar 28, 2015
    I wasn't too enthused with Joyce a few years back, he looked powerful but far too stiff and cumbersome. Knocked silly by Kuzmin and the Algerian, it seemed he'd make for fun viewing on the way up the pro ranks with an inevitable flattening loss coming once the comp rose.

WSB and Rio have changed the way I see him, a lot. Seeing his determination, to have a very bad year and then jump back into the fire and have 2 great years back to back shows character.

He's still stiff, upright and you'd have to think there'll come a time where he'll either get coldcocked or outboxed but from what I saw in Rio, he's going to be an absolute nightmare for anyone who can't keep him honest.

Dubois looks great, but isn't comparable because we aren't going to get to see him in against the kind of straight up killers Joyce was facing on the regular as an am. Not for a good while at least. With his age he likely wont be rushed, the problem with which is that if he keeps bombing people out his learning's all going to be done behind closed doors, unlike Joyce.

houmzz likes this.
  6. Northadox

Northadox Active Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2017
    Who you talking to I've known bout Dubois from before pros .. he was getting bigger tests in amateurs he's not being tested in pros at all

7. lawslaw

lawslaw Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    He doesn't need to at the moment, no rush he is just a kid. KO David Howe in your 3rd fight, win an area title in your 5th fight? All in the space of 6 months of turning pro? Nothing wrong with that.

8. Northadox

Northadox Active Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2017
    I know that, I was just answering the question which said "if they fought in 2 yrs" so I said given how little he's being tested, I don't think he would.
    He can step up his competition, that doesn't mean jump in and fight AJ it means just test himself more than he is now!

9. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Seen nothing to jump up and down about from Dubois yet

I'd go with Joyce

10. houmzz

houmzz Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 13, 2012
    If Dubois can take a punch than I go with him. Dubois hits harder, has the faster footwork and has faster hands.

11. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Nobody is walking through Dubois unless they stand up to his murderous power.

ipitythefool likes this.
  12. houmzz

houmzz Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 13, 2012
    And if they can't hurt him with they own power.

13. Wass1985

Wass1985 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Yes there is, he's only just started fighting ya pudding. If Dubois gets the same backing as AJ expect him to be 400lb of chemically induced murder........

houmzz likes this.
  14. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Dubois is clearly gilled up already.

On The Money likes this.