Daniel Dubois vs Dillian Whyte?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Aug 20, 2022.

1. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Until his ducking of Wallin to make sure he got the Fury fight, Whyte was never one to wait around. Joshua might just win (Whyte has said he hopes/thinks that's the case) and if he does it'll be Fury next so he might as well get on with it.

Whyte always made too much of having the WBC international belt or whatever it was, so he'd probably cherish WBA Regular.

2. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    I believe the fight has been signed and there will be a presser next week.

Frankie Blue Eyes likes this.
  3. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    If Whyte is motivated he’ll knock Dubois out. Dubois didn’t look great against Trevor Bryan and is more one-dimensional than Whyte.

MrPink likes this.
  4. MrPink

MrPink New Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2016

100%

5. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    Adam Smith just mentioned this fight on comms, so it must be happening.

6. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Whyte is a Pudding and big DDD is finished should he lose this fight.

Hopefully he has learned from the Joyce loss.

7. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Whyte would be silly to take this fight. I think Joshua is obliged to fight in December so Joshua Whyte at the Milennium Stadium on DAZN PPV seems the natural fight to make.

8. Coybig

Coybig Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2020
    Dubois will flatten fatty, easy pickings.

Whyte offers absolutely nothing.

9. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2015
    If Whyte's chin holds up and it goes to the later rounds I reckon he could mentally break Dubois. Not sure how much punch resistance he's got left at this stage though.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
    Astro likes this.
  10. TipNom

TipNom Active Member Full Member

Jun 19, 2019
    Dubois has a very good chance at victory here I think, and I don't just say this because of the Fury and Povetkin fights. back when Frank Warren proposed the fight before Whyte and Povetkins first fight, I still thought Dubois could very well beat him.

11. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Didn't have to look great, Bryan is terrible.

12. Willis Brown

Willis Brown Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    If AJ fights again ? And if he is Truly trying to work his way back into title contention I don’t see a fight with Whyte being much more than a payday unless Big Ed can spin some sort of eliminator / interim title for him them to fight for. I think it’s a difficult fight for DAZN to finance as both guys have big expectations for purses and DAZN don’t seem to have a lot market penetration in promotion. As for PPV as far as I am concerned no chance.

13. BaronSamedi

BaronSamedi Active Member banned Full Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Dubois vs Whyte us a great fight.

These endless rematches that matchroom make are so dull. What benefit is Whyte vs AJ to anyone or anything, boring, seen it, no one cares, both guys been sparked since then and have multiples losses.

Let's get some fresh meat, new fights.

AJ vs Joyce
    Whyte vs Dubois
    Fury vs Usyk

14. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I'd love to know what Whyte's logic is with going with this fight. Does he think it's an easy nights work and just wants to get back on the horse or has he psychologically gone into gatekeeper mode already having seen Chisora make a cracking income off it?

I'm not convinced that it's an easy fight for Dubois. He hardly makes his opponent work hard, is very economical with his punch output, moves in straight lines and Whyte will cause him problems with his jab. However, I think Whyte's chin and gas tank will let him down in the end.

15. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    Whyte's a dangerous fight for Dubois. Just because Fury made Whyte look like a plodder, doesn't mean he's not a threat.

Dubois has only fought 1 live body in his career and he ended up quitting.