Danny Green & Anthony Mundine

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by The Funny Man 7, Jan 17, 2021.

1. The Funny Man 7

The Funny Man 7 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Any thoughts on these two Aussies, who had an on-again, off-again rivalry?

Both guys had careers with odd twists and turns. Mundine said a lot of weird stuff over the years, was troubled by injuries and a truly bizaare eye problem from licking his contact lenses, and an unusual descent down weight classes as he aged. At his best he was a power boxer with riveting power; at his worst he was fragile and tentative.

Green had a strange career too: he was notably DQ against Beyer, lost the rematch he was favored to win, lost to Mundine and seemed done at the world class level. Then he remerged to win titles at 175 and 200lbs. Beat Stipe Drews, Roy Jones, and Manny Siaca, but lost badly to Antonio Tarver. Retired when he finally did beat Mundine.

Any thoughts on these two guys and their rivalry?

2. xaphoon

xaphoon New Member Full Member

Jun 15, 2019
    Danny would be nothing without Choc

Frankus likes this.
  3. El Gallo Negro

El Gallo Negro Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 8, 2020
    Two great fighters indeed, from a great lineage of Australian fighters..

Mundine and Green paved the way for other legendary Australians like Jeff Horn and Larry Zapavinga.

Truly, there is not enough space allowed on this forum to give these men their just dues.

Two truly great warriors however. Truly great indeed

4. The Funny Man 7

The Funny Man 7 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 1, 2005
    I don't know why you're being weird about a straight forward question. It's not like people only ever talk about All Time Greats on here. I've seen plenty of threads in the classic forum about guys like Kevin Mcbride, Marion Wilson, Mike DeJohn, etc. who are way less talented and accomplished than either Mundine or Green.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here...