Danny Williams Pummeled By a Seven Fight CRUISERWEIGHT !!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Mr. Ed, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Guest

I honestly think this is the saddest thing I've ever read in my 30 plus years as a boxing fan, it's even worse that it's happened to my favorite fighter.

Most of Danny's losses during this 'second career' have been depressing but this is horrible. One can only assume that Danny had been in training cancelled Bedarin Toma fight on the 31st, the phone rang, he was offered this and on the plane once more.

So many sad/bizarre aspects to this:

1. The opponent is listed as a Cruiser on Boxrec

2. He's only had seven fights, though on some of the links he's down as 17 - 1, 18 - 1, and 19 - 1. But he's had a load of fights on those 'Bigger is Better' farces (he was winner of one) they don't go on the record.

3. It was on some hybrid MMA/K1/Boxing promotion

4. It's now being regarded as an 'exhibition' ('exhibitions' rarely see anyone dropped four times)

5. He got peanuts for it, 2.5 grand at todays conversion rate.

6. His punch resistance is now zero or his ambition is so lacking he's going down from shots he's have taken a few years ago.

7. I don't want to see him fight again, but at the same time it's a truly horrible way for a superb career to end (it will be even worse if he loses to Negus is the summer)

8. I don't like the look of Danny in that YouTube clip, he looks a bit 'vacant/spaced out/glassy eyed' something doesn't seem right, I hope to God it's not the sign of some neurological damage.

2. ishy

ishy VIP Member Full Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Is Danny skint or something?

3. USA Rob

USA Rob Boxing Addict banned

Dec 22, 2012
    nope his financial position is actually really heathy. mortgage fully paid on 3 london homes and his daughters are privately schooled. he is just addicted to boxing.

4. joegrundy

joegrundy Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Wish Danny would retire, he was shot to bits when he fought Carl Baker in Prizefighter, shame really.

Sugar 88 likes this.
  5. Espin88

Espin88 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Is Mairis Briedis any good? 7 consecutive stoppages.

6. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Danny is beyond shot... im not even sure he would even be able to beat Owen Beck today lol

7. ishy

ishy VIP Member Full Member

Mar 9, 2008
    :goodThat's good to hear.

All this isn't good for his long term health. Someone needs to have a word with him. Get him involved in training some fighters if possible.

8. Sogoplayboy

Sogoplayboy Active Member Full Member

Mar 12, 2010
    This really is ****ing tragic stuff. Danny's health is in real danger. Surely something could be done about this?!

9. Joe.Boxer

Joe.Boxer Chinchecker Full Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Dry your eyes, kids. This is boxing - a mug's game.

"What you think this is the wheel of fortune? You think you can make your dough and **** off? Leave the table?"

10. fra

fra Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 11, 2008
    shut up u tit:good

11. RJJ's Jab

RJJ's Jab Guest

****ing hell this is sad, Shame on any athletic commission that allows him still to box.:-(

12. Reddo

Reddo Member Full Member

Mar 24, 2013
    That's when he should of retired.

One of the saddest things I have ever had to witness attending fights was his loss to Chisora.

13. Philphy Rich

Philphy Rich Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Oh dear. Look at 3:40 of the second vid.

Anyone notice that? When someone has wobbly balance stepping off some scales, you know it isn't looking like a good sign.