Dave Allen fighting a 'YouTuber'

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Who_Necks, Jul 3, 2021.

1. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I've said it for a long time, Dave Allen has problems, brain problems.

I've been told by people on here that's it's his tongue, an injury from the Ortiz fight.. Naaaah I'm sorry it's brain damage.

It's really sad, I take zero pleasure whatsoever thinking the man has been damaged, it will get worse with time, it won't get better.

Also, I heard something similar a while ago about him not getting his license back, Sure it was just a rumour, I thought people were just talking but there might actually be something in it.

That David Price fight was the cherry on top on the brain damage cake, he had serious problems after that one, there are some troubling stories about him on the way to hospital after the fight.. how true they are I have no idea but again.. there may be something to it.

The more I think about it, There is a reason Hearn won't go anywhere near him, he has zero shame, he really is "anything for a pound coin" but Hearn won't touch Allen so maybe he knows something we all don't.

Allen needs saving from himself, Hearn made sure he has an income, Allen bought properties and so he isn't destitute, Allen has some money so there is no reason for him to fight any longer.

KingKO, destruction and Sap1en like this.
  2. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I'd be interested to know what he made from whatever the hell went on surrounding the Darch fight, I get the impression both of them made some decent coin out of that.

3. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    I listened carefully to his most recent interview and it isn’t just the slurred speech of someone from Doncaster or with a damaged tongue. His thought processes and speech patterns are off. It is like he is at -2.5 reduced speed.

He has a thought, and completely loses focus.

Hearn has most definitely seen and heard things we haven’t. It will take a very brave man to licence him to fight or put him on a show.

I wouldn’t give him a licence. I would actually put two of his fighters on a card if he didn’t fight.

N17 likes this.
  4. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    He doesn't need licensed by the British board. He can get licensed elsewhere easily.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  5. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    They’re okay, I didn’t know they were still going to be fair. I saw them at the up and coming tent at Leeds Festival in 2013 when Eminem headlined and they were okay but I don’t think they ever made the step to actually being a decent selling band.

6. neverheardofher

neverheardofher Active Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2019
    Remember booking one of Don Broco's tour dates for them back in 2009. Fun band and good dudes.
    War Damiani! :lol:

7. ElPantera

ElPantera Member Full Member

Mar 27, 2021
    I think Dave overestimated his and Eddie's friendship when he announced his retirement from Boxing, he was expecting a fight night role for him with Matchroom or at least some work and it has never materialised.

8. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013

Yeah I agree.

9. SnoopyboyM

SnoopyboyM Active Member Full Member

Jan 26, 2010
    I honestly thought it would be a matter of time before he called out one of the Paul’s

10. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    This content is protected

11. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    I'm not buying DA has any impairment. Wasn't heading for Oxford's debating society before he laced them up.

KermitTheFrog likes this.
  12. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Don’t give him attention.

Holler, Wizbit1013 and aaaaa like this.
  13. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    This "fight" is just a move around / bit of fun...

His actual legit fight, comeback or however you wish to view it is in August.

14. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    He’s an embarrassment.

15. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I think partly he was just fed up with Allen's on again. off again approach to boxing. Allen hit the jackpot given his connection with fans, if he'd stayed professional he could've made a lot more money on Matchroom cards.

As it is, the aftermath of the KO against Price was surely a warning that he'd taken enough punishment and the Dorian Darch gambling inquest was probably enough additional hassle for Hearn to out some distance between them.

For once we have to credit BBoBC for taking a stance and protecting Allen from himself and boxing from Dave Allen.

N17 likes this.