Dave Allen thinks he would beat Mike Tyson

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by NasalSpray, May 19, 2020.

1. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I had to switch off after about the sixth "bro", I could feel myself tensing up and bending my phone screen!

Holyfield back for an exhibition match is fine, anything else is silly in my opinion.

Heisenberg likes this.
  2. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    I don't see anything wrong or controversial in Allen's tweet. I'm the same age as Tyson and can look like Alex Arguello on a bag or pads for 20 seconds. It staggers me that anyone on a proper Boxing site like this can believe that Tyson could fight anyone but his shadow.

3. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Just saw that footage. And you weren’t kidding! In a way it reminds me of Ronnie Coleman.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  4. Shakermaker

Shakermaker Active Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2019
    Allen would beat him IMO. Look at the last years of Tyson’s career, then add on 15 years. I really, really don’t want to see Tyson or Holyfield back, even for an exhibition fight

5. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    It's the Nigel Benn farce all over again. People remember the fighter they loved to watch in their prime, not the shot, tired shell of a boxer in their last fights before hanging up the gloves. They then think that years away from training have magically restored the guy.

These videos are carefully shot to create a particular image. They look in great shape. Boxing however doesn't allow you to call 'cut' after 20 seconds and reset.

Maybe the nostalgia is enough for some. For me, the reasons I love boxing are the reasons I don't want to see these guys in the ring again.

Shakermaker likes this.