Dave Allen vs Lenroy Thomas 2

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Beez, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Beez

Beez Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2017
    So this fight is coming up and I saw an interview with Lenroy Thomas where he was saying he was 1000/1 to win the first fight.... surely he was exaggerating but still looking at the odd's Dave Allen is favorite again.

This is kind of me thinking out loud really but thought i would get every ones thoughts

I like Dave Allen but I just cant see him being able to make the adjustments to beat Lenroy Thomas if the first fight is anything to go on... The talk before the fight was Thomas boxing part time, not really taking boxing serious and he still showed glimpses of good defense and good counter punching... He is training full time with Kenny Porter and should be in better shape.

Dave Allen maybe fitter but can he make enough adjustments from the first... i dont know.

Basically im saying im putting my money on Lenroy!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    lawslaw likes this.
  2. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    He looks in better shape (Allen) than before and it was a reasonably close fight I thought

3. Howitzer1888

Howitzer1888 Active Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2017
    I don't rate Allen very highly as a boxer (not sure if anyone does). I also think he completely wasted his chances at winning the Commonwealth title last time against an opponent who wasn't very highly regarded. It was a big opportunity for him to do something good and he blew it last time. As it turned out, Lenroy fought pretty well, showing a decent defence, fast hands and good combinations. Allen on the other hand was out of shape and completely abandoned any sort of defence (seemingly on purpose) assuming he could just bulldoze him.

This time he seems to be taking it much more seriously. He seems to be in better shape this time, and despite his technical deficiencies I expect him to stop Thomas this time around.

S.K and Twentyman like this.
  4. Beez

Beez Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2017
    He does look in much better shape to be fair... but my instinct is still that he will be the come forward fighter and Thomas who will also be in better shape will win again by landing clean shots and counter punching

5. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Dave Allen is area to fringe British level. He should count his blessing the opportunities he has been given

lawslaw likes this.
  6. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Allen just isn't really that good his fighting above his level and will lose everytime unless there's a matchroom robbery area level at best just because your a nice guy doesn't mean he deserve all these fights over better fighters with more talent that can't get a break

Thomas on points
    Thomas beat him with ease out of shape and will turn up in much better shape because it's another big fight for him on TV and knows there could be some good money fights on TV in the UK maby saxton or price

7. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I agree with this. I don’t rate him particularly highly either and he’s been given tons of chances, this is his last one and he knows it. I think he’s finally going to get his act together and pull out a stoppage win.

S.K, Howitzer1888 and lawslaw like this.
  8. lawslaw

lawslaw Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    A while back we used to say that Allen was domestic title level. Now I think most agree he isn't even that and area level at best.

If Thomas is as busy as the first fight he should get a comfortable points win.

destruction likes this.
  9. SambaKing

SambaKing Member banned Full Member

Feb 17, 2017
    Will be the exact same fight as last time, but they will rob Lenroy this time.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  10. Matt Petley

Matt Petley Active Member Full Member

May 19, 2017
    first fight was close and allen has been taking training a lot more seroius this time, allen close points win this time imo, maybe a late stoppage

S.K likes this.
  11. Anabolic

Anabolic New Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Whatever happens it's last chance saloon for Allen, Hearn will give up on his vanity project of making him a champion if he loses.

Although it just goes to show what Hearn can do with a **** fighter if he wants, Allen probably has more notoriety than 70% of the current UK heavyweights just because Hearn likes him, and gets him in the limelight.

12. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    Nothing to do with hearn liking him. He has a bit of character. Hearn and ifl milk that to get interest.

Good luck to him.

S.K likes this.