Dave Allen vs...Nevermind. “Big News Coming”

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by SambaKing1993, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Yeah the Hughie fight would be a much better option. Would dance rings around him but at least he wouldn’t be landing concussive blows constantly.

2. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Parker would legitimately be a serious threat to Allen's health.

He is a far superior boxer and mover, and good defensively. What has been proven is that he isnt elite because he lacks the killer instinct and nastiness that all truly elite world class boxers need.

It would be a prolonged 12 round career ending beating potentially.

I think its a terrible choice for Allen. It will be just as bad as the Yoka fight was for him

CutThroatFade, Holler and velagod like this.
  3. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    If we're talking about the same tweet, he didn't say his big news was a fight getting announced. He just said something like: "massive news tomorrow, dazzling almost" so I assumed he meant he would be announcing Darren Barker as his full time trainer.

He also tweeted today that he's not fighting Parker.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  4. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Parker will properly be fighting Chisora, with Price v Allen on Whyte undercard.

Scissors likes this.
  5. SambaKing1993

SambaKing1993 Don't do it Zachary! Full Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Kugan quoted the tweet and said “big fight” with a love heart.

Maybe it’s price after all, or chisora.

Or Wlad! I want to see the world burn.

Or maybe Kugan is being sly with the word “fight”. Maybe Dave has been appointed as an ambassador for a Mental Health Charity (ZzZzZzzz). We shall see.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    Smudge_ likes this.
  6. SambaKing1993

SambaKing1993 Don't do it Zachary! Full Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Hearn has promised many “nights of the heavyweights before” and its never came off.

Hopefully he pulls it off.

S.K likes this.
  7. Snowy1989

Snowy1989 Active Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2015
    I don’t get where the need is too rush Allen. You could stuck him in with practically any journeymen anyone and people would still tune in.

Additionally, winning the British/commonwealth would mean everything to him with a much lower risk attached. The lad’s got miles on the clock already with some of the gruelling encounters he’s been in; no need for the Parker fight whatsoever.

Scissors likes this.
  8. velagod

velagod Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2012
    This content is protected

Saved himself from more brain damage.

Scissors, pow and SambaKing1993 like this.
  9. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    So it’ll be Allen vs price and chisora vs Parker on Whyte vs Rivas undercard.

S.K likes this.
  10. ryuken87

ryuken87 Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2014
    Definitely, I'm all for guys getting a pay cheque from what is a hard way to make a living, but what's the point if you don't have a mental capacity to enjoy it? Promoters need to be held accountable.

11. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Hearn is not dumb enough to put Allen in with Parker.

It’s inevitable that Allen v Price is next.

Furious likes this.
  12. S.K

S.K Active Member banned Full Member

Jan 7, 2017
    No chance should they have any accountability, it's entirely the boxers choice who/if they fight.

13. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Matchroom Boxing are proud to announce that Dave Allen, the rising star of British Heavyweight Boxing, will be taking on Thanos of Titan in a headline PPV show at the O2. The White Rhino will be looking to continue an impressive run of results including a signature win over former champion Lucas Browne by adding the scalp of the legendary conqueror of countless worlds and the destroyer of half the life in the universe. Allen has identified Thanos's notorious left hook as a potential danger as the infinity gauntlet has the capacity to disintegrate everything which it touches and indeed remove matter from both time and space. However, Dave also believe the Titan may be open to the body shot that stopped Browne.

S.K likes this.
  14. chrisfinch

chrisfinch Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Oh I think it’s inevitable Allen main events a PPV at some point this year, I’d be astonished if not. I suspect it’ll be a Whyte rematch in December but it wouldn’t surprise me if it was someone else sooner. It’ll be a dark day for British boxing, but unless he gets destroyed by someone in the interim, it’ll happen.

pow likes this.
  15. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Price v Lily Allen at Anfield Stadium on PPV with Tony Bellew PPV hosting the evening

So we have this year:

1.Eubank v De Gale
    2. Crawford v Con
    3. Tony Dosh v Pudding
    4. PED Fury v Pudding
    5. Pudding Whyte v Pudding
    6. Allen v Price

Going to be a record breaking 10 or more pay per puddings in 2019