Dave Allen

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CutThroatFade, Jun 24, 2018.

1. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    It pains me to make another thread about this guy especially since I’m not even a “fan” but this career is going to have a tragic ending to it if he keeps boxing high level opponents like he has done. He’s way out of his depth. The thing about elite journeymen types like Kevin Johnson is that they manage to get through defeats without being knocked out because they don’t absorb that much punishment and know the tricks and skills to just get by. Dave Allen literally eats brutal punches to the head repeatedly and because he has a granite ability to take them and stay standing, he gets through the rounds.

Just look at how hard it is to watch this:

This content is protected

If he wants to keep boxing he needs to box at his level, which is British at the highest and tbh, probably less than that. You can’t say, “well he took Ortiz rounds, went the distance with Whyte...” it’s all his chin. He offers zero offence.

The guy is going to end up brain damaged and to make things worse he has mental health problems and a gambling addiction. It’s a recipe for disaster. He’s now deactivated his IG and Twitter so God knows what state he is in now.

And this is the thing, channels like IFL, Eddie Hearn and the idiotic fans who eat up his jokes and “banter” on Twitter and convince him he can win these fights are partially responsible for this. So many idiots on Twitter tell him he’ll be a “contender” if he loses weight... that he had a “puncher’s chance” against Whyte, Ortiz and Yoka...

The reality is he will never lose weight and he has zero offence.

The whole thing is going to be tragic. Hate to say it but I foresee a brain damaged boxer, with all his earnings gambled down the bookies and with zero support. But hey, he makes a few people laugh with his **** “banter” on Twitter and stuffing socks down his trunks at weigh ins, so it’s all good isn’t it? Pathetic.

2. Snowy1989

Snowy1989 Active Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Couldn't agree more. I thought when Hearn took Him under his wing he may have received some direction in his career, there is no happy ending receiving no punishment like that fight after fight, especially in the heavyweight division.

There's plenty of scope for him to forge a career around British level and below. I'd like to see him rebuild there and get a serious trainer in board

3. obelector

obelector Member Full Member

May 8, 2017
    bang on, tbh ive paid him very little attention as he seems to be purely an internet sensation rather than a real boxer, the people 'promoting' him and putting him up there to get bashed up have a lot to answer for imo. they'll be noticeable by their absence once the novelty wears off, which seems to be very soon.

4. S.K

S.K Active Member banned Full Member

Jan 7, 2017
    I am fan of dave allen, as a person not necessarily his boxing ability, and your right.

He needs to stay in boxing but get involved with something else, not fighting. Unless he drops the level he fights at AND takes it seriously.

He put on 2.5 stone since the Thomas fight, which is absolutely ridiculous.

If he did train as hard as professional boxers, such as AJ, then Allen could win some decent fights, probably even beaten Yoka if he actually trained. Not saying he would’ve, but he would have a chance.

He has possibly the best chin in boxing, hes just doesn’t get floored, correlate that with excellent stamina (if he trained) and he could do half decent.

If he carries on doing what he’s doing, he will 100% end up with brain damage.

5. Gomo

Gomo Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    hes got quite possibly the best chin in the world at heavyweight.

hes also relatively young still

so rather than fighting top level guys at 3 weeks notice and coming in 2 stone overweight, why doesnt he go away for a couple of years learn how to box, train his ass off, get in shape. Work his way up and see how far he goes.

most other prospects (hes past that now ) are protected, looked after and take it slow. it seems as this guy has just been thrown in the deep end far too soon and he is a lazy git to boot.

unless he takes it seriously and goes back to basics his career is all but done now. hes nothing more than a punchbag for up and coming fighters to practice on. A walking heavy bag.

Accurate likes this.
  6. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    He is being badly managed by Hearn.

Tbh it looks like he hardly trains, he gets thrown in the deep end in fights that as @CutThroatFade says it will not end well.

Hearn should start him from the bottom up again, British level, perhaps European.

Tbd if it was Warren throwing Allen to the wolves like Hearn has he's of been strung up.

7. Gomo

Gomo Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    hed be better off with warren at least he would get slow tracked

Oneirokritis likes this.
  8. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Hearn isn’t managing him. He’s managing himself. He was on a fight by fight deal with him, he’s chose to take himself off to fight Yoka on short notice and not train.

9. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Ahh I didn't know.

Then Hearn should start to show abit of empathy and slap him down abit in regards to his own shows and someone close to Allen really needs to take him to one side.

The way Allen fights he won't be fighting in the next 24 months.

10. Fhaggis

Fhaggis Active Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2016
    He literally uses his head for defence, madness. Wish him all the best but with his limited ability he should at least come into a fight really fit.

Oneirokritis and CutThroatFade like this.
  11. Fhaggis

Fhaggis Active Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2016
    Dave literally sold more tickets for Sheffield than Brook did! THATS why Eddie uses him

12. jonny v

jonny v Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Bit judgemental fellas. There's coke heads smack rats gamblers alchys smokers extreme mountaineers wing suit dudes you name we love to risk it all. And if experience serves me you won't change none of them. Dave is dave if that's who he is then that's that. Bbboc nuf said

13. jonny v

jonny v Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2010
    And even if he was forced to stop boxing he'd end up in trouble drinking n ****ing about.

14. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Allen claimed he only cleared £9,000 for his Ortiz beating on a Hearn show.

15. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Beats a day job i suppose. I agree with @CutThroatFade but if the man wants to fight then he will fight. We all make our own decisions in life.

Unforgiven, 305th and S.K like this.