David Diamante

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by KingKO, Dec 17, 2020.

1. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    There’s not a chance in hell that Diamanté was a tough guy in his youth. Most likely he was a mega nerd in school.

KingKO, Patter983, Dannymita and 2 others like this.
  2. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Sounds like a typical middle class American kid, you can tell by the way he smokes his cigar he's a bit of a charlatan. Harmless enough though and seems like a decent bloke.

Patter983 and Safin like this.
  3. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    He is definitely the worst of the bunch and probably the cheapest hence why he's Frank Warrens first choice. I thought John McDonald had potential but never seems to do boxing anymore.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    PatCash likes this.
  4. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    I wouldn’t mind betting Hearn paid for his treatment to see how it turned out before he went for it himself.

wassupjg, Injin Chi and Wizbit1013 like this.
  5. Patter983

Patter983 Active Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2018

Could you honestly picture this man running an area he would struggle to run a bath !! They do say don’t judge a book by its cover. But I think we can safely say this man has never been a tough guy of any sorts !

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    Dannymita likes this.
  6. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Old school American vibe? I’m guessing old school announcers here were British.

Jimmy Lennon Jr and Buffer aside the British ones are just as good. We are just programmed from a young age to assume everything American is better.

Safin, KermitTheFrog and Patter983 like this.
  7. Patter983

Patter983 Active Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2018
    I think the bald Scottish bloke not sure of his name is a quality mc . Much better than diamanté

8. micker1

micker1 Member Full Member

May 31, 2010
    From the 4 corners of the world to the 4 corners of this ring.

How did he manage to get away with that. It annoys me every time he says it.I always wonder how that was the best he could come up with.

I'm not to keen on his look either. I think I have been spoilt with buffer and let's get ready to rumble.

9. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Boxing is the only sport I'd consider the American commentary and all that jazz better than the British.

Old school as in saying the fighters surname twice, reminanance of the Lamotta, SRR era. Also the yank commentary is better, it's more passionate.

I'm anything but a self-loathing Brit, I'll leave that to the labour voting students.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    Here's Johnny likes this.
  10. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    I know who you mean. I agree.

Patter983 likes this.
  11. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    Just finished the podcast.

I think we may have a contender for the biggest ego in boxing. 2 hours of self-aggrandizing and him making out he's a cross between Kimbo Slice and Patrick Swayze in Road house.

Didn't come across well at all, too far up his own arse. He even said he's the best at what he does, as if mate. You're not fit to plug in Michael Buffer, Bruce Buffer and Jimmy Lennon JRs microphones.

Tit.

12. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    I agree. He's a bit insufferable, loves himself. I don't particularly have any kind of admiration for these ring announcers, it's not an important role for me. Michael Buffer and Jimmy Lennon Jr. are the best at it, though. Bruce Buffer, well, not so much.

I believe that if he were to shave off his beard and cut his hair off, his "presence" would diminish into just about nothing. It's a gimmick and an important one.

DirtyOldTown and KingKO like this.
  13. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    Bruce Buffer is ace for MMA, that style wouldn't work for boxing though.

Diamante obviously talks well and can be engaging to listen to but his ego is just way too much, nothing worse than a bragging ****.

He's not a great announcer either and I'm not saying that because I don't particularly like his character, he's just bang average.

14. crixus85

crixus85 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2014
    Craig Stephen is his name.

Patter983 likes this.
  15. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    He’s better than that one Warren’s got though. It’s like Warren done a show in America and one night got a late McDonald’s and picked this kid up in the drive through taking his order. “How would you like a job in England son?”

wassupjg, Wizbit1013 and KingKO like this.